Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

starting out

well i want to learn to make doom maps. so i need a good tutorial. start with the basics, like makeing a 4 sided room. stuff like how to do hight, width and legnth. also stuff like doors, triggers and switches. the editor i have choosen to learn on is deth. i would choose deepsea but u got to buy it, and i think i will wait until i am getting good at it.

side note i am good a quake editing, however i have never tried my hand at doom.

WadAuthor. Easy to get to grips with. It also builds sectors for you, instead of having to build them up from the ground manually.

(just select 'new rectangular sector' and a 4-sided room appears just like that. To change heights, simply click on it and choose your heights, lighting and special properties like damage etc.)

I am currently learning how to build maps for DooM and found DeepSea the easiest and best feature wise so far. I especially like the ZDoom and Boom support (the particle effects are cool). As for a tutorial, DeepSea has a built-in basic tutorial that shows how to build simple 4 sided rooms, pits, boxes and some other things. You can find a reference for the line types here: http://cres1.lancs.ac.uk/~esasb1/doom/lintyp10.txt