Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Exit Zombie!

It seems to me it is as simple as not allowing the exitlevel command while dead. Either that or simply fixing the fact that the player doesn't "respawn".

w00ps -- yet another stupid thing that you'd almost never think to try. I will fix this for tonight's release. Thanks for mentioning it here!

I've now fixed this problem, and made it such that it follows the same rules as exit linedefs. If you turn the comp_zombie variable on, you'll be able to exit the level when you're dead. This is a better compromise than to disallow it completely, after all, if you wanna run around as a zombie in DOOM, who am I to tell you that you can't? :P

Ya know, what I ought to do is make a special game mode based on this ;) If you exited a level as a zombie with the mode turned on, then when you spawned in the next level you'd be all undead looking and your only weapon, replacing the fist, would be a bite attack, which you would use to chew out peoples' brains ^_^

To make it even better, you'd be extremely weak vs. fireballs, and health items would hurt you -- soulsphere == instant death! Being undead would be cool.

Quasar said:

I've now fixed this problem, and made it such that it follows the same rules as exit linedefs. If you turn the comp_zombie variable on, you'll be able to exit the level when you're dead. This is a better compromise than to disallow it completely, after all, if you wanna run around as a zombie in DOOM, who am I to tell you that you can't? :P

Ya know, what I ought to do is make a special game mode based on this ;) If you exited a level as a zombie with the mode turned on, then when you spawned in the next level you'd be all undead looking and your only weapon, replacing the fist, would be a bite attack, which you would use to chew out peoples' brains ^_^

To make it even better, you'd be extremely weak vs. fireballs, and health items would hurt you -- soulsphere == instant death! Being undead would be cool.

You could take the M-16 sprites from ICD, make them gray, allow a shotgun and a chaingun and you'd be one of the zombiemen in Zombie Mode. Also, make the view blurry and stuff, that would r00l.

Nah. I like the brain-chewing part. We can make zombie players say these sound bites (a la Duke Nukem 3D) every now in them in a similar voice to Caleb from Blood. The sound bites would be along the lines of "Mmmmm, brains..." and "Give me your brain!"