Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kinsie

Explosion Sound

Well, time for me to submit something...

Basically, the barrel explosion sound in FreeDoom shits me, so I made my own, modified from a generic sound file in my little library (taken from a now-abandonware proggy named 3D Movie Maker.) Should I send it in? (Well, you want to clear stuff, so...)

If its from an abandonware program it is still copyrighted material which we cant use. Sorry :(

I agree we could do with a better explosion sound though.

Here's a paradox:

A game, which we will call "Ping" just for the hell of it, is produced by a software company known as Original Rip-Offs, Inc. The game goes out of print when the Original Rip-Offs declares bankruptcy. Who holds the copyright? A non-existant entity can't hold a copyright, can it? Is its product lost forever?

Where as some people (even a majority) may decide that something is 'free', we need to conform to free in the strictest possible fashion, otherwise companies like redhat and organisations like debian won't include freedoom in their distributions.

Woolie Wool said:

Here's a paradox:

A game, which we will call "Ping" just for the hell of it, is produced by a software company known as Original Rip-Offs, Inc. The game goes out of print when the Original Rip-Offs declares bankruptcy. Who holds the copyright? A non-existant entity can't hold a copyright, can it? Is its product lost forever?

The assets of the company, including the copyrights it owns, are generally sold off to other companies or individuals in order to pay off any debts.

fraggle said:

The assets of the company, including the copyrights it owns, are generally sold off to other companies or individuals in order to pay off any debts.

I.E.: It's bought by Microsoft

fraggle said:

Yes, and also the copyright would expire, but only 75 years after the original author of the copyrighted material in question died.

Just thought i'd mention that.

Submerge said:

I.E.: It's bought by Microsoft

No, I bought Original Rip-Offs, Inc last week with my paycheck.