Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Speshul Eddy

jDoom textures

Howdy all, I just downloaded the newest hi-res texture pack from the Doom2 retexturing project, and they look great and work fine...except for the switches, the exit door, and the big green tech-door, which don't show up. =(

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else noticed this? If so, is it and issue with how the engine looks up textures for those things, or are the files just named wrong?

files in question are:

exit door)
DOOR3_4.PNG
DOOR3_5.PNG
DOOR3_6.PNG

big green door)
DOOR9_2.PNG

switches)
SW1S0.PNG
SW1S1.PNG
SW2_5.PNG
SW2_6.PNG
SW2S0.PNG
SW2S1.PNG
SW4S0.PNG
SW4S1.PNG

are those correct texture names?

there's a link the to Doom2 retexturing project site in the JDoom site's link section. The download is pretty hefty (43 megs), but it has about 150 replacement textures, (almost) all of which work and look very nicely. =)

Bear in mind that the hi-res TGA textures only work in OpenGL mode.
They're located in a \textures folder inside data\jdoom

I'm very much aware of that, and I have the files in the right directory and am running in openGL.

Just about all of them are working fine, but a couple aren't and I'm just trying to figure out why.

Speshul Eddy said:

I'm very much aware of that, and I have the files in the right directory and am running in openGL.

Just about all of them are working fine, but a couple aren't and I'm just trying to figure out why.

Sorry, didn't mean to jump at you :)
More than likely just bugs that still need to be ironed out in the port code. Have you emailed Jaakko Keranen about it?

oops, didn't mean to sound harsh or anything, if that's what you mean. ^^

Come to think of it, I haven't E-mailed him about it yet (just assumed he would know about something of that nature, but I'm dense like that =P).

He's already made some fixes for bugs i've found - mainly in the XGdata code.

I've also suggested completely editable thing lists, so that brand new creatures with custom attacks can be created without sacrificing old ones - i'll let you know how far we get with that one.