Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

Yeah, I can go pretty quick now. When I used WADED, it took forever to
make anything because it constantly froze. When I bought DeepSea, I
realized how much WADED really sucked. :p I don't know how I ever got
by without cutting\pasting and undo\redo.

Ok just completed more of the map...Therefore I have two moe screenshots ready for viewing.

Same link as before.

Just finished the design of MAP31, and most of the monster and ammo
placement now. Will be done by this afternoon.

Okie dokie... it's done now. What should I do with it? E-mail it to
Cadman? Let a few people beta test it?

Firstly you'll need to playtest it yourself to see if there's any bugs, and to see if the balance is ok, and to make sure it's possible to do from a pistol start (as that's one of the criteria). Also, make sure that it replaces map 31 in the game. (and not replacing map 01 by default, as that was also mentioned)

Once you've done that, email it to Cadman, along with a text file containing all the usual info. (map name, editors used etc.)

btw, what are the names of your maps?

Yep, I've done all that stuff. I used Jim Flynn's STAT.EXE extensively
to make sure that ammo balance was good. It's between 1.00 and 2.00
on all skill levels.

I'll send it to him now.

EDIT: Oh, MAP31 is called "Mt. Chaos"

Aleaver said:

Ok just completed more of the map...Therefore I have two moe screenshots ready for viewing.

Same link as before.

The shots look great! i think it's kinda cool that you use the original engine. i'm trying to aim my maps for complete doom2.exe compatibility. Just stop working so fast! ;P

well, is there a free map for me? :)
i already sent a email to cadman, but it seems like he is sleeping or is busy with something... :)

Torn

TorntheDark said:

well, is there a free map for me? :)
i already sent a email to cadman, but it seems like he is sleeping or is busy with something... :)
Torn

AFAIK, there are still 5 slots up for grabs: map 16, 19, 22, 24, 28. Once you've decided which one(s) you'd like, email Cadman telling him which slot(s) you want.

(edited after seeing the post below this one)

Is someone going to make a new site? It looks like to me like RG was banned
from these forums, and he hasn't updated his CC page in quite awhile.
The forums are also broken.

I can make one if you want, but I don't know if my ISP would appreciate
tons of bandwidth, so I'd host it somewhere like Tripod or Geocities.

Yeah, that'll be a good idea, if Cadman approves. A simple site with news, map slot assignments and screenshots would do it. Meanwhile, we need to keep each other informed of what's going on, so another thread like this in a few weeks or so wouldn't go amiss.

Okay, I have no problem with a new web site. Railgunner has not been keeping up with the current stuff anyway. I was also told that he was "gathering" e-mail addresses for his dad for spamming purposes and that's why he was banned from DW. For the person wanting to do the new website please contact me ASAP at fisherh5@bellsouth.net. I will give you all the information I have on map assignments with names and the such and which maps have been completed. I will also contact Railgunner if he is still going to contribute his two maps to the project.

Okay..."TorntheDark"...you asked me about a map assignment. Please e-mail me again. I don't remember getting it but I would appreciate your contribution and so would the team. Thanks!

I'm gonna attempt to open an IRC channel on "irc.openprojects.net" in the evenings. Probably sometime after 8:00 p.m. EST...please check in there as well and we can talk about this project. I've just opened the channel for this evening, it's called "ccchest".

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

All this reading makes me wanna pickup WAD editing again... I just hope that installing Windows XP wasn't a mistake for WAD creators...

scorpion said:

All this reading makes me wanna pickup WAD editing again... I just hope that installing Windows XP wasn't a mistake for WAD creators...

AFAIK, both WadAuthor and DeePsea work under XP, as well as prBoom and ZDoom. (but only use doom2.exe triggers and specials)

So, if you want to make a map for it, you know what to do...

Y2theJ: That shouldn't stop you from making a map if you want to. After all, the maps can be of any size, not just big ones.

Volte Face: Cool site, it certainly has what it needs. BTW, map 03 is called 'Ground Floor' and map 11 is called 'Mandrel' (according to Alex). Also, is it ok to send you another screenshot of map 01?

Just wondrering...

Will there be a new music wad for this project?

MY map is going good.

Hoping to finish it soon.

Scorpion...you wanna make a map then go right ahead. I still have a few slots open. Drop me an e-mail for a request.

fisherh5@bellsouth.net

No new music, just trying to keep it simple.

I will be dropping a e-mail to the team tonight along with a note later on in this thread showing what has been taken and what is open.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

OK. I have been crazy busy for the last hour and a half fixing up the
site. It's not public yet because I don't really want my bandwidth
chewed up; I'll get it hosted somewhere else first within the next few
days.

UltDoomer: Of course, new screenshots are always welcome.
Magikal: Thanks. :)

The site underwent a small layout change and a URL change. I think I
e-mailed all of the team members with the new URL.

Ok, Since there is a new site..Do I send any screens/info to Cadman or
VolteFace?

BTW: The new site is awesome!

Some new screenshots of my map should be ready soon.