Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kris

I am Master DooMer!

Well, guys, I have just beaten Doom2, in case you've been wondering where I have been. I was somewhat disappointed by the whole game, if you ask me. I mean, look at what you get for the 'sequel'-a few new textures, a couple new backgrounds, new sounds, new music (which I think sucks in most levels ;P), one, -ONE, PEOPLE- new weapon, and 7 new bad guys. I don't know who was the genius who said that this would be an actual sequel, but he was wrong. This is more like an extension pack.
Not that it's all bad, mind you. It does have it's good points, like the new weapon, the SSG, or Super Shotgun. I like some of the bad guys, as well. One of my faves was the Hell Knight. And the final battle with the Icon of Sin was pretty intense, especially with all those monsters just spawning out of nowhere and I couldn't figure out how to kill the Icon. Doom2 still has that great sense of nostalgia that I'm just getting used to.
Now, I've heard a great deal about Doom2 supporting all WADs/levels, or whatever they're called. And supposedly, Doom2 has support for all these "source ports" like WinDooMBooMZGL. (Fnord!) I think this true.
Now, I have seen plenty of levels for both Doom2 and Doom. I understand how one downloads them, but how does one install them? And how does one get these source port thiniges to work?
Ah well, it's good to be back!

I mean, look at what you get for the 'sequel'-a few new textures, a couple new backgrounds, new sounds, new music (which I think sucks in most levels ;P), one, -ONE, PEOPLE- new weapon, and 7 new bad guys. I don't know who was the genius who said that this would be an actual sequel, but he was wrong.

/me marries Kris and has 4 children.

I've played it through many more times than the hours you've been alive. And I still like the game. I don't get bored with it.

Bah, play heretic, then hexen, then hexen 2, and then, hell, heretic 2. You won't get that same feeling of disappointment.

RAVEN FPS FOREVA!!!!!!!!

Well, guys, I have just beaten Doom2, ...

WOW I am impressed, may I worship you? I can't even get past the first level. WHERE IS THE EXIT? Don't answer that, I wanna find out all by myself.

Indeed, use DooM2 for the same thing we do, our editing infrastructure. Check the hosted sites, download some new stuff. Others than me can suggest you lots of cool mods.

Indeed, use DooM2 for the same thing we do, our editing infrastructure. Check the hosted sites, download some new stuff. Others than me can suggest you lots of cool mods.

may I suggest my megawads? ;)

Yep, I thought Doom2 kinda sucked. It just wasn't enough of a real sequel. However, the good thing about it is you can download tons of WADs and MODs for it.
Now, you gotta play TNT Evilution, forget about the Plutonia Experiment, Kris....

WOW I am impressed, may I worship you? I can't even get past the first level. WHERE IS THE EXIT? Don't answer that, I wanna find out all by myself.

Geez, what IS that smell?! Burning sarcasm again....time to run to goatse.cx....head for the fire exit folks, no talking.....file quietly.......watch your heads.....

i suggest play Final Doom:Plutonia...it really isnt all that much more difficult...REALLY!!! muahaha

Aaagh! The one thing that bothers me about Plutonia isn't that it is impossible, but that the level names make no sense. There isn't that strong of a sense of story or theme.

Now, you gotta play TNT Evilution, forget about the Plutonia Experiment, Kris....

/me nods

As for WADs and how to use them:

* Download one (duh). For the sake of argument call it nutscrabbler.wad for DOOM.
* Unzip it into your DOOM or DOOM II directory.
* At the DOS prompt get into your DOOM or DOOM II directory so that you see c:\doom\>_ or c:\doom2\>_
* Type doom -file nutscrabbler.wad

NOTE: make sure that you use a WAD made specifically for DOOM or DOOM II. So you can't use nutscrabbler.wad with DOOM II, only DOOM.

For ZDoom and Legacy and all that:

* Download one. Let's say you get the immensely cool ZDoom.
* Unzip it into your DOOM or DOOM II directory.
* At the DOS prompt get into your DOOM or DOOM II directory so that you see c:\doom\>_ or c:\doom2\>_
* Type zdoom and you're on your way.

NOTE: instructions for others may vary.

BTW no one is ever a Master Doomer. You're always learning new tricks and techniques and methods of mass destruction.

BTW no one is ever a Master Doomer. You're always learning new tricks and techniques and methods of mass destruction.

That sounds lame. It's like you were jealous or something...

That sounds lame. It's like you were jealous or something...

Who should I be jealous of? Can you ever truly, completely, and utterly master something beyond human recognition? Probably not. My guess is that the more you try to master it the more you'll find out new dohickies and swabblebats to help you.

Can you ever truly, completely, and utterly master something beyond human recognition? Probably not.

If he got so good he couldn't recognise it, he probably won't be good at it anymore, unless he's not human. WHICH WE WON'T GO INTO.

Geez, what IS that smell?! Burning sarcasm again....time to run to goatse.cx....head for the fire exit folks, no talking.....file quietly.......watch your heads.....

Yes and No. Truthfully I stil can't get through DoomII in the Nighmare level, so anyone who did, I respect. But when you call yourself a Master Doomer, you get my Phoenix fire posts. There can be only one Master.