Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

Milestones for Small and Heretic

Small got a lot bigger last night. I'm going to try to remember all the functions I added:

EngineVersion() -- returns version of the Eternity Engine

Random() -- returns random number between 0 and 255

M_Random() -- as above, but for non-demo-sync stuff like particles, cameras, and screen graphics

Chasecam(bool:onoff) -- toggles the chasecam on or off

IsChasecamOn() -- returns whether the chasecam is on or not

ExitLevel() -- exits current level

ExitSecret() -- exits current level as a secret exit

StartGame(skill, mapname[]) -- starts a new game on the specified skill level and specified map name (yes, it works with any map, and yes, this will be useful later on to make a custom episode menu)

GameType() -- returns one of GAMETYPE_SINGLE, GAMETYPE_COOPERATIVE,
or GAMETYPE_DEATHMATCH

GameSkill() -- returns the current game skill level (1-5)

ConsoleBeep() -- makes the console eminate its gamemode-dependent warning sound (DSTINK in any doom game, CHAT in Heretic)

ForceLightning() -- forces a lightning strike on the next tic if the current level has lightning enabled -- good for dramatic effect (see the Matrix scene where Neo meets Morpheus to see what I mean :P)

I'd venture to bet there were some more that I forgot (I'm at school right now and thus cannot look at my running list to double check).

As for Heretic support, I now have almost all the static, decorative items in -- I need to do a final check to see if I caught them all (I may have missed the dead hanging heretic come to think of it...). Besides these, all the normal, non-inventory powerups are in, and the teleglitter spawners are in as noted earlier. Footclipping is finalized at last. SoM and I came up with some ideas that helped smooth out transitions between liquid regions.

Quasar said:
Chasecam(bool:onoff) -- toggles the chasecam on or off

The chasecam kicks ass.

Footclipping is finalized at last. SoM and I came up with some ideas that helped smooth out transitions between liquid regions.

Heh, well, glad you finally solved that pesky problem.