Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Zdoom woes.

I am having trouble with the Zdoom 123 33 beta.

Whenever I start it up I get an error message from a piece of my soundcard software. (Osdmenu.exe to be specific).

I have a Soundblaster Audigy.

Zdoom appears in the program tray, but whenever I try to maximise it an error message just pops up.

Weirdly enough the background music plays well enough.

Do you have any idea how this problem can be averted.

UPDATE:

Heh, it seems it has nothing directly to do with my soundcard.

It is some kind of program that functions together with a remote control and conflicts with some fullscreen applications.

I've had some sound problems with b33 myself. Sometime the sound works, sometimes it doesn't for some reason. Meh, I just put up with it.

The best place to send this post is in Bugs section of ZDoom forums, maybe Randy will answer your question.

I removed the offending program and have not experienced any problems.

It was interfering with a lot of other programs anyway and I didn't really use it.

(It was a kind of interface that allowed you to control sound volumes and such using a remote control. Apparantly it hates full-screen applications.)

hence the name beta. i like how the zdoom project is run. lots of betas are released so we can hammer out as many bugs as possible. i only wish randy would get on with the project. sadly i think 1.23 will be the last zdoom.exe( at least from randy) i was hoping for it to be done at version 2.

My problem with Zdoom b1.33 is I cannot go into fullscreen without performance getting a shot in the head. It either messes up the screen, or it crawls slower than a snail in a pool of glue.

Sephiroth said:

hence the name beta. i like how the zdoom project is run. lots of betas are released so we can hammer out as many bugs as possible. i only wish randy would get on with the project. sadly i think 1.23 will be the last zdoom.exe( at least from randy) i was hoping for it to be done at version 2.

I think we'll see ZDoom 2.0 pretty soon, actually. I also think that we'll be seeing new versions of ZDoom for quite some time since Randy still seems interested in doing DoomScript and writing a new software renderer for ZDoom.

Just to make everyone aware, Randy Heit is working with Ty Halderman on getting ZDoom version 2.0 up and running, he's still working hard on it.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT