Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

Where can i find good hell themed levels?

Try geocities.com/scarredknuckle2002]The Underworld Project. The first 10 maps (Episode 1 - complete) pretty much take place in hell.
Featured enviroments include :

A sea of blood filled with staked bodies (map06)
A hellish cathedral with pews, candles and zombie-topped guard towers (map07)
Satanic tournament room with demons teleporting in left right and center (map02)
A colossal mountain topped by a pentagram teleporter (map06)
Dungeon-like identical hallways lit by blue flame (map04)

...And so on...

Little Faith said:

Do a Doomsearch search on:

inf-lutz.wad

Try inf-lutz.zip instead (inf-lutz.wad dont work)

Spike said:

Try geocities.com/scarredknuckle2002]The Underworld Project. The first 10 maps (Episode 1 - complete) pretty much take place in hell.
Featured enviroments include :

A sea of blood filled with staked bodies (map06)
A hellish cathedral with pews, candles and zombie-topped guard towers (map07)
Satanic tournament room with demons teleporting in left right and center (map02)
A colossal mountain topped by a pentagram teleporter (map06)
Dungeon-like identical hallways lit by blue flame (map04)

...And so on...

Smooth, plug your own wads there...i'm jk- I can't wait to play them myself :)

Hellish themes in DOOM are pretty hard to do, since DOOM is better for artificial architecture because of its lack of curves. Lutz Inferno is pretty good, but a bit overburdened and he abuses certain themes a bit. I guess I prefer simpler yet more elegant maps, such as some Plutonia maps (map28, I recall) or a couple of AV maps. I think there were a few other good hellish maps in other sources that had caught my eye, but they don't come to mind at the moment. Hellish themes are pretty much an alteration between gothic and particularly fiery and organic styles, in general. Maybe e4 is hellish in it's way too, there's some good maps there (like e4m6.)

The Vengeance megawad has some really cool hellish themed levels in episode 3 and 4 (though I agree that some of them are a tad too linear).

If you like Episode 2 style levels, episode 2 of this megawad has some of the best levels in this style you will ever find.

Oh yeah, don't forget 10sector and 10secto2. They have superb levels of almost any flavour (Linguica will agree on this one I guess).

Or the hard way:
Download a Level Editor and start learn mapping... :)

Cacodreams said:

WTF do you mean?

There could be more variety in styles between the maps. Too much green marble too, which has been used for thousands of WADs. But they're a good set of maps; not many mappers make a first release of such quality.