Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

bots......besides zcajun

I'm trying to playtest a dm map, but the zcajun bots like to hang around near a hidden plasma rifle in the center of the map. I'm just curious if there are any bots out there that are more intelligent, or just plain better, than zcajun? if not, is there any way that I can modify the bots in zcajun?

You should try out ACbots for legacy. They work good both in Coop and DM... :)
(thanks deathz0r)

unfortunately the dm level is made with zdoom. I take it from your wording that that acbot olny works in legacy.

as for editing the bots.cfg, I have no clue what all the stuff means. what should I do to make them harder? what can I do to make them not hang around the hidden plasma? can you enlighten me?

Try Fly's Doombot. I'm sure it's linked where the bots are found on Doomworld. The doombot is much more challenging than the zcajun (one of the reasons being that it can navigate better, and I think you can add nodes to make sure it handles a map well too.

myk said:

Try Fly's Doombot. I'm sure it's linked where the bots are found on Doomworld. The doombot is much more challenging than the zcajun (one of the reasons being that it can navigate better, and I think you can add nodes to make sure it handles a map well too.

I think 3ddownloads lost it. oh well.

VileSlay said:

unfortunately the dm level is made with zdoom. I take it from your wording that that acbot olny works in legacy.

as for editing the bots.cfg, I have no clue what all the stuff means. what should I do to make them harder? what can I do to make them not hang around the hidden plasma? can you enlighten me?

The aiming, reaction, perfection and isp can make the bot harder, but I don't know about drawing it away from the hidden plasma, it's probably the map layout that's making it do that.

deathz0r said:

Yeah, OPN Doom is Doombot but slightly improved (by Xoap.) I wasn't sure there was a link to it.

so how do you run pwads in opndoom. the zip had no documentation, and using a batch file with the -file option didn't work. can you play home brewed maps on it?

deathz0r said:

well, you've never needed to use -file with zdoom, why not with opndoom?

*shrug*

eh? how do you load a pwad in zdoom without a frontend (which I don't use) or the command line?

The -file parameter should work. The doombot (and maybe zdoom) documentation is all you need for either version. Both work quite similarly anyway. Use a shortcut instead of a batch file, I think that might be the problem.