Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cactus

adding weapon frames

Can I add frames to weapon?I mean not only change the frames of weapons but have more than 4 frames for a weapon?By the way how to do that whith wintex?Dehacked(i can t run dehacked because of path config)

If you want to add to the number of frames a weapon uses, then you'll need to use dehacked (for most source ports), or a source port that allows you to define your weapons from scratch (eg EDGE).

WinTex is used to modify/edit the lumps of data that are in a wad file, but it does not affect how the game actually operates. So you cannot use wintex to make doom use more frames for a weapon, but you could use it to insert the pictures you wanted your weapon to use. (And then use dehacked to make doom use them.)

cactus said:

(i can t run dehacked because of path config)

I don't understand what you mean here. Please explain. It may be a problem that can be solved.

cactus said:

Can I add frames to weapon?I mean not only change the frames of weapons but have more than 4 frames for a weapon?By the way how to do that whith wintex?Dehacked(i can t run dehacked because of path config)

Dehacked is the only way that I can think of adding frames to your weapons. You can use the two unused frames from the pistol or you can just use a frame from something else. Just remember to compensate for the new loop you make for your weapon. For example: If you use a frame from the exploding barrel for your weapon just make sure you change the frames that the barrel wants to use. If you did not understand that, than I cant help you.