Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

ZDoom 2.0

So, does anyone, anyone know when ZDoom 2.0 is coming out? I've been waiting forever!

Sphagne said:

From what I see, there is no 1.23 final but v2.0

Yeah, 1.23 and 2.0 are the same thing. I think Randy decided to go with 2.0 because of all the major changes from 1.22.

Woolie Wool said:

A more pressing issue is "WHERE CAN I FIND THE FUCKING 2.0 BETA?!"

I fucking told you twice.
Remember the post where you said, "Gimme"? Look below. Read again. Carefully.

There might be even a newer version (I think I read something like that in the ZDoom forum), but I'm not sure. Since I can't get the get the betas to run/compile on Linux I'm not really bothering...

I thought that the next version was going to be ZedgeDoom 1.0 and it was going to be a hybrid of Zdoom and Edge, with the DDFs of Edge and the slopes/scripts/speed of Zdoom.

;)

boris said:

There might be even a newer version (I think I read something like that in the ZDoom forum), but I'm not sure. Since I can't get the get the betas to run/compile on Linux I'm not really bothering...

there's a 2.0 pre 18.

Livo said:

It seems that stupidity is a common theme for titles.

Yeah, like "Member" heheh wtf ololol how the fuck did all those stupid people get THAT title? I didn't do anything stupid I never do stupid stuff but I don't know how I got mine maybe somebody misread my nick and thought I was Woolie Wool or something and they changed my title to "member" because they thought I was such a member yeah but all those other ppl deserved it.

I think that the forum software automatically gives people a default title according to how many posts they have made. "Member" means you have over 100 posts, or something, it's not a reference to that "thingy" between your legs! :)

I'll become "regular" fairly soon. Does that mean I'm going to have to start eating more bran?

Token on-topic comment: Does anyone know what VNYO.NYU means? It comes up in v.18 where it said things like "v. Friday the 13th" or "v. Five-Teen" in earlier versions.

* myk lowers his cowl and nods in acknowledgement

Well thank you, I think. I thought everyone knew where to get the latest version of Zdoom though - I wasn't meaning to be secretive or anything.

Thanks too for the last two posts, which have helped me regain "Forum Regular" status. Some threads where I gave "helpful advice" to D3 n00bs must have been deleted.

Yes, and I shall soon pass to the next ring of userdom, see the slight hoary tones starting to show on my hair?

boris said:

There are still a lot people who think 1.22 is the latest version...

Well, what IS the latest version. I got v1.33b.

You'll need an FMOD.DLL as well. I don't know for sure what the most recent one is, or how critical it is to have the very latest one. Mine is dated 21/08/2002, and was from 12.zip.

Remember that these aren't especially public betas, so if you find bugs, report them via http://notgod.com/phorum/list.php?f=11.