Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
diluted

switch prob

ok say i have a switch right
how am i sposed to tag it to sumthing...like the sequence or what ever....ill make one and it doesnt even light up what am i doing wrong....is there like sumthin i have to do to make it a switch?

..switch ..how am i sposed to tag it to sumthing...?

Look at the DeePsea sample level DOOM2TUT.wad (there a corresponding section in the help called "Tuturial Levels" that gives an overview of this level. (There may still be a few things that changed over time, but overall, it's ok.)

Right where you start there are "switches". Switches are first off, just a linedef "type" that does something, like start a lift (they are the ones that have an S1 or SR in front of the descriptions. S1 is a one time switch and SR is a switch that repeats. Secondly, the texture you select determine whether or not it -looks- like a switch, it doesn't have to be:)

So what you do is put a "tag" on the linedef with the "switch" that connect to a sector with the same "tag". In the linedef edit dialog that's called a "sector tag". Then you find the sector that is to have the action you designated and give that sector the SAME tag - now it's called a "linedef tag". IOW - a linedef and a sector share the same tag number - that's how they know they belong to each other.

does that work for crushers.....cuz thats what im havin the prob with.....i assigned it to be a switch activated but it only works when i walk over it....could it be becuz it was a walk over bfore switched it to be switch activated?
by the way i LUV ur editor....it just plain out kicks all the other editors ass....how much is it to register....im to lazy to look in help

does that work for crushers.....cuz thats what im havin the prob with.....i assigned it to be a switch activated but it only works when i walk over it...

In stock DOOM yes. Could be you have more than 1 line assigned to the sector? Sometimes the simplest mistake can cause a lot of head scratching.

THATS what i did....geez....ur right man....ill be all into it and workin and shit and forget about sumn like that..thanks