Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Raffles

What happened to Wolfendoom?

Does anyone know what happened to the guy working on Wolfendoom? He hasn't done anything for ages, and still hasn't completed the Rheingold scenarios. Is he still working on it?

If I remember correctly, the dude works in Hollywood somehow, and his life got very busy and he was unable to keep working on Doom WADs.

Why not someone from here take the banner and keep the legacy alive?

I things to do, though. Osrry.

Ling's right. Laz and I worked together alot, and he simply vanished off the radar with no word at all. I never got any pings back when I sent him e-mail which suggests the e-mail was open and valid still, so I guess he simply ceased to care.

ravage said:
Why not someone from here take the banner and keep the legacy alive?

I things to do, though. Osrry.

I'm re-doing the weapons and enemies form some of the old wolfendoom wads to make them more fun (I really didn't like the weapons from the orignal wolfendoom, and the enemies could have been alot better). So far, I'm almost done with the weapons:

a pistol (Fires faster then the default doom pistol),

a rifle (similar to the one from immoral conduct),

a flamethrower (A nasty pice of work, and not just a plasma rifle with flame sprites!)

a MP40 (about chaingun speed)

a chaingun (Lots of damage!)

a Bazooka (a LOT more powerful then dooms... )

I'm still working on a grenade, a knife, and possibly two pistols john woo style.

I got some of the enemy sprites done, but It’s not going to be ready for a while.

I might soon release the weapons by them selves to see if anyone dislikes them...

Thank you Trasher][.

Ct_red_pants - are your enemies based on the original Wolfenstein format, or are they going to be more historically accurate (i.e Whermact Uniform, Waffen-SS uniform, etc) ?

Ct_red_pants said:

a pistol (Fires faster then the default doom pistol),

a rifle (similar to the one from immoral conduct),

a flamethrower (A nasty pice of work, and not just a plasma rifle with flame sprites!)

a MP40 (about chaingun speed)

a chaingun (Lots of damage!)

a Bazooka (a LOT more powerful then dooms... )

I'm still working on a grenade, a knife, and possibly two pistols john woo style.

I got some of the enemy sprites done, but It’s not going to be ready for a while.

I might soon release the weapons by them selves to see if anyone dislikes them...

You do realize that many of those sound like ROTT rips? Not that that's a bad thing mind you. Just my interpetation.

When I get back to my computer tommorow (at a friends computer right now) I'll be able to post a few more screen shots of some work I've done for this new Wolfenstein/WW2 style TC. The look I am wanting to achieve is that of a real German Gothic Castle, with Tapestry, medieval art, etc.

Although I loved the Wolfendoom episodes by Laz (still have them all on my computer), I felt that they still had that cartoonish element that the old Wolf3d had, and thus lacked realism. I am hoping to abandon that cartoonish look with mmy TC.

Lord Raffles said:
Ct_red_pants - are your enemies based on the original Wolfenstein format, or are they going to be more historically accurate (i.e Whermact Uniform, Waffen-SS uniform, etc) ?

Not really, I’m mostly recycling the sprites from Rhein1.wad and Rhein2.wad, as well as ripping some from other games. I’m not much of an artist. Though you will se some all-new enemies. Their mostly inspired by Return to Castle Wolfenstein. At any rate, Wolfenstein was never really about realism. If I decided to make a Medal of Honour TC (which I just might) I’ll think about getting more realistic uniforms. But Wolfy’s just about Nazi-blau!

ravage said:
You do realize that many of those sound like ROTT rips? Not that that's a bad thing mind you. Just my interpetation.

Oh silly man! They only sound like Rise of the Triad rips because... well... I guess they mostly are Rise of the Triad rips (graphics wise). But wolfendoom stole graphics from ROTT anyway, so what the hell.

I have now completed the weapons. Now I’m starting on the enemies.

BTW, I am removing all dogs. Killing dogs is wrong :(.

Granted that Wolfenstein wasn't all about realism (although Himmler was indeed obsessed with the occult, and it was a major part of the SS ideology), Return to Castle Wolfenstein does excell in it's realism with regards to uniforms & setting compared to the original wolfenstein (since when did the SS have blue uniforms??).

Lord Raffles said:
Granted that Wolfenstein wasn't all about realism (although Himmler was indeed obsessed with the occult, and it was a major part of the SS ideology), Return to Castle Wolfenstein does excell in it's realism with regards to uniforms & setting compared to the original wolfenstein (since when did the SS have blue uniforms??).

Mine won’t look quite as cartoonish as Wolf3D. The uniforms will have the correct colours and the like, but it’ll still be modified Wolfy sprites. And like I said, I’ll be for the Rhein1.wad maps, which look a bit like Duke 3d maps (probably because he ripped a lot of textures from it). I might make my own gothic maps for it some day, and make some 1337 sprites to go with it, but I’d like to get see how it turns out for Rhein1.wad, Rhein2.wad, ect. First. See if anyone likes it.
BTW I look forward to that wolf TC.

That reminds me, Dose anyone know of any good midi/mus versions of the wolf3d/Sod music?

ravage said:
No evil, rabid, biogenetically mutated dogs to dogslaughter? Awww...

Now that's an odd thing to hear from an obsessed furry. :P

Lord Raffles said:

When I get back to my computer tommorow (at a friends computer right now) I'll be able to post a few more screen shots of some work I've done for this new Wolfenstein/WW2 style TC. The look I am wanting to achieve is that of a real German Gothic Castle, with Tapestry, medieval art, etc.

Although I loved the Wolfendoom episodes by Laz (still have them all on my computer), I felt that they still had that cartoonish element that the old Wolf3d had, and thus lacked realism. I am hoping to abandon that cartoonish look with mmy TC.

Sounds interesting! How far done is it?

DooMBoy said:

Sounds interesting! How far done is it?

So far, just a lot of flats (Medieval Castle, Flags, portraits, etc). I am on the look out for anyone who may want to help in any way they feel they can contribute.

I'll be at my home computer later today, so I'll show you a few screenshots.

Lord Raffles said:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein does excell in it's realism with regards to uniforms & setting compared to the original wolfenstein (since when did the SS have blue uniforms??).

Hah! Why do the Nazi grunts in RtCW have rank of Leutnant (Lieutenant)? And why are ALL the Nazi officers Generals?
:-P