Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All right, all you Doom and wannabe Doom Gods, here's the dare: I dare you to try and beat Hell Revealed 2's map09 in under 10 minutes on UV, and to record it. Think you can do it? I know I can't!
If you manage to actually record a good demo, send it to me. :)

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the link. However, can YOU do it?

Heh, yes, I'll accept the blame for the lack of a 'c' (my carelessness) but the other part is more confusing, as he uses "Radeg" as an IRC nick on occasion (possibly when Radek is taken?)

DooMBoy said:

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the link. However, can YOU do it?

Under 10 minutes... maybe. But it would require pretty much work (to survive) so I can't now, I'm afraid.

I think the "under ten minutes" is a bit redundant. This is a map where you are trapped in a small area while a column descends. Once that column has fully descended, then, if you are still alive, you can exit. When to take the megaspheres requires careful judgement: don't wait too long to pick them up, but don't waste them either.

I did this map ages ago, but didn't record (I used a few savegames), and as myk says, it would probably require many attempts to record a demo. I generally prefer to record on maps where there aren't any demos yet, or where there is some interesting task that can be achieved.

HR2 map08 might be more interesting for a fun competition. Now that's a great map - though some previous experience with HR map25 is a must, IMO.

I agree. a map that can be recorded in various ways would be much better.
Radeg is one of the 10 best players... surely us regular doomers need an easier challenge. hr2map15 on skill 1 or something.... (I'm serious)

I just had a quick go and managed a 4:56 using Legacy1.40.
Unfortunately I accidentally stepped on the exit and ended up with 99% kills. I'll try again later.

Do you expect us to just beat the level or kill everything and get all the items and secrets aswell?

...and this is from a Pistol start right?

DOOM Anomaly said:

Do you expect us to just beat the level or kill everything and get all the items and secrets aswell?

Well, he only said beat it, which I assume to mean just reach the exit. Anyway, I've mailed DoomBoy a demo: UV Speed in 4:38 (nothing special, and it could go faster). I'm a pacifist at heart, and don't really like the idea of killing anything I don't have to. :)

Actually, this was only my second attempt, so please disregard some of my earlier comments.

myk said:

Heh, yes, I'll accept the blame for the lack of a 'c' (my carelessness) but the other part is more confusing, as he uses "Radeg" as an IRC nick on occasion (possibly when Radek is taken?)

Yes I've seen him use Radeg too, forgive my little joke, heh.

Grazza said:

I'm a pacifist at heart, and don't really like the idea of killing anything I don't have to. :)

I'd love to see this map done Pacifist!

magikal said:

I'd love to see this map done Pacifist!

That would be extraordinary indeed, but "Lemmings" (i.e. minimum kills) might be an interesting challenge. Mine was 68% kills; I made the "mistake" of killing everything in the starting area.