Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Post your demos!

magikal said:

Also I think the idea is to kick these 2 maps around for a few days or even a week to see what you can come up with.

uh, i think i've already kicked around map02 and e1m2 for TWO weeks. i mean, the two most played maps after map01 and e1m1 :P well if you didn't like my demos then i can't help you :P

and heh, compet-n speed for uv map02 is 40 seconds, and i'm struggling with twice the time, i don't think there's much to do with compet-n demos with thses ones, even if they'd be recorded with vanilla doom. but if i'll post another demo here, i'll make sure it's from a source port, okay?-P

e1m3 speed is tough! :)

DEMOn said:

Magikal: Is MBF okay, then? MBF is the only windows port I can tolerate for movement.

I would think so. It's a great port isn't it? You don't see it used or mentioned much nowadays (generally that is) and I know exactly what you mean about the movement.

no offense to anyone, but I can't stand the extra movement and non-Doom 'feel' to almost all the source ports.
and this thread was also about showing how you 'just play' the game... and Doom.exe is what I use.
Boom/MBF are very close to the real thing though. it is hard to play seriously with any of the advanced ports(Leg, Zdoom, Edge...)
an example: Ocelot's recent dm demos. no one could do that with anything but the real game.
overall, it's okay. I like to watch your guys' demos. :)
maybe I'll Zdoom e2m8 for fun...

DEMOn said:

maybe I'll Zdoom e2m8 for fun...

I'd luv to see it. After playing ZDoom and Legacy extensively I would say Legacy's control is a lot more efficient than ZDoom's (ZDoom is superior in other areas of course). If you get a chance, look at some of the different lmps at my page, the ZDoom one was sooo much more difficult with ZDoom than Legacy(couldn't record that map with Legacy). I'm actually un-learning and changing my set-up so that I can play vanilla reasonably well, heh.
Kulma, I did enjoy you lmps btw. I just didn't want to watch the same thing over.

Why are you guys discussing what should be used when the point is showing how you normally play? I'm obviously using doom.exe, since it's what I used almost always (had been trying to record a swift e4m6 max... indeed it is tough.)

Both prboom and doom95 should play back doom demos, by the way.

I usually use ZDoom but I record the demos with Legacy because I don't feel like downloading the older version of ZDoom, and the 1.23 b33 doesn't playback demos correctly. Oh well, the Legacy demos show me pretty well.

Oh, and there is a ZDoom demo of me playing Grind2. It's on easy mode, so it plays back correctly.

Oh well, 2:15 maxdemo of e1m2. Legacy 1.40, at the exit lift I seem to sink through the lift floor, luckily I could get out of there. :P

Well, I just managed Map02 NM in 2:50 - slow and careful. Tough map for NM; 112% kills tells the story quite eloquently. I'll send it to Opulent in a few days if I can't manage anything better.

I tried ITYTD (skill 1) Pacifist, but found it extremely difficult... I reached the blue armour once but with only about 5% health.

Grazza: remember that you can grab the red key without crossing the linedef.
the 2 lower areas with the blue key are horrendous for pacifist.
still hasn't been done for the compet-n, IIRC.
good job on the nm!

Opulent said:

Grazza: remember that you can grab the red key without crossing the linedef.

Yes, I used that trick! The 112% really did involve a lot of rekilling.

Indeed, UV Pacifist has only been done as a TAS run, but I thought skill 1 ought to be feasible. I suppose it should be too, but very careful planning and play would surely be required (together with luck, luck and more luck).

I did a UV -fast max run (2:01 - bah!), but haven't managed a time on UV Speed or UV Max that I even deemed worth of saving. Anything in the 1:30s looks impressive to me for UV Max.

updated. let me know if I missed something...
Espi's demos are nice... and Magikal whomped on e2m8 in style. :)

Agreed Grazza, anything in the 1:30's is pretty cool, nice work Espi! I'm still goin' at it....

Opulent!

In the spirit of demos for individual style, as opposed to the fastest possible time, I have sent you map 20 in 6:49 using Legacy 1.4.

Rich Sham

Could I request a demo? Can someone play MAP30 UV? It doesn't have to be speed or anything, I'd just like to actually see someone beat it.

Here. doom2.exe, because I didn't want to cheat with legacy's freelook and couldn't be arsed to turn it off and stuff. :P Just casual play, missed the brain a couple times.

Nanami said:

Could I request a demo? Can someone play MAP30 UV? It doesn't have to be speed or anything, I'd just like to actually see someone beat it.

On DoomII? well I got one, if anyone is nice enough to host it I'll email it to them...its done on UV, 3800% kills, 3:52..not the best, but, meh...

on second thought, Opulent, I'll send you it, kay?

EDIT:...Sent to ya Opulent :)

Opulent!

I'm sending you another individual style demo. This one is a max of map 29 in 8:54 using Legacy 1.4.

Rich Sham