• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

ZHexen (and Zeth)

wheeeee :)

now to wait for this to make it into zdoomgl

although now the question has to be asked -- why .cab ?

Why is the maximum mana set at 400 instead of the usual 200? Also, when you do get 200 mana, that blue or green bar meter is full, but you can continue picking up mana until you reach 400.

Maybe I should use deusf -restore before playing it. Those Sabreclaws (replaces the Ettins) are awfully slow, heheh.

This may be a more convenient download because Sparky has all three files included (zdoom.exe, zdoom.wad and fmod.dll).

sparky.suhost.com/pub/doom/zdoom_pre_23.zip

Hey Ichor, if you think that's a bug, will you report it on the zdoom forums?

Ok, I reported it. Also, this only happens when you type in the NRA cheat code. After that, it stays at 400, even when changing maps.

Another bug I may have found may affect gameplay just a little bit more. The Bloodscourge shots do not pierce through normal enemies. Normally, they go through any enemy except boss monsters.

Cool, now we can have crappy jHexen vs Zdoom flamewars too! Yay! :)

Seriously, nice work Randy.

Arioch said:

although now the question has to be asked -- why .cab ?

Methinks Randy "heard" you (from RH-LOG.TXT)

Randy Heit said:

Uploaded 24.cab. Why cab? Because LZX compression is better than ZIP, and I'm stuck uploading files with a 56k modem. That's why. The source code archive alone is almost 700k smaller as a cab than as a zip. That's at least three fewer minutes I need to wait uploading it.

no wonder randy has the time to work on zdoom, he doesnt have a stable internet connection

At last - a non 3D accelerated Hexen port! (but the character changing cheat doesn't work).

Apart from that, it's fine.

Ichor: is it possible get Fury to work fully under this version of ZDoom? (you've obviously tried to, given the fact you mentioned the sabreclaws. I tried it and managed to get into the game, but with original weapons etc. and no bridge things)

I know it sounds like a daft question, but I did get Sinful Discharge (a jHeretic-specific wad) to work in ZDoom, so I thought it might work with Fury as well.

The slow Sabreclaws were a result of furydata.wad still being merged into the iwad when I tried ZHexen. Essentially, they were just Ettins that looked and sounded different. The code uses JHexen (.996). The maps won't work in Hexen or ZHexen because you'll get a P_SpawnMapThing error, and you can't use ZHexen to spawn things like the Charm Spell or Blood Lich.

Sign in to follow this