Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

New texture wad released

With big thanks to Scorpion for hosting it , you can now download a new texture wad... Actually, technically there are two texture wads, because there's a Doom 1 version and a Doom 2 version. They contain 220+ textures and 20+ flats, all based on existing Doom 1 and 2 textures.

The textures were all originally made for the project Episode 5: In Thy Nightmares, but now that project has apparently been abandoned I'm releasing them for anyone to use.

There are various types of textures, including metal, tech, brick, skin, wood and rock. While there should be at least a couple of textures to suit almost any style of level, the wads will be particularly useful to anyone making a tech or hellish map.

Without further ado, here's the URLs:

Doom 1 version
Doom 2 version

Enjoy!

BTW if you're interested, I have two other, much smaller texture wads available at http://haunt.8m.com/textures.html

Remember Faint from #zdoom a while back? (Me.) I was working on more textures to add to your SILV wad. Eh... heh, never got those in to you. Maybe I should hurry up and do that.

Afterglow said:

TEXTURES!!!

Do you mind if I mirror them on my DW site? I already uploaded nbgray & nbsilver two months or so ago.

Sure! That reminds me actually, I forgot to credit you, as a few of the textures are inspired by some of yours in Sacrifice DM. I'll add it in the texts and send them to you.

Very nice job on ALL the textures. I will have a home for some of them very soon.

THANKS! They are sweeeet! I wish I had your talent for them.

NiGHTMARE said:

Sure! That reminds me actually, I forgot to credit you, as a few of the textures are inspired by some of yours in Sacrifice DM. I'll add it in the texts and send them to you.

Yes, I noticed that. Almost as bad as what Matt did for one alcove detail in amber06. :P

Doom Dude said:

Awesome texture work. Did I see some of these in The Darkening II?

Nope. All these textures were made by me, based on Doom 1 and 2 textures. The vast majority of the textures in the Darkening were made by Ola Bjorling, and were created from scratch.

Very nice texture work, Nick.

New textures always give me ideas for new levels. Damn!