Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

ROTTing Code

I played alot of ROTT DM cause it supported 16 players. but I can honestly say that the DM isn't as good as Rick is trying to make it sound. Specially since 50% of all the weapons were mass destruction weapons, like the nuke, the homing rocket etc. just hit fire and something will die. even if you don't aim on it. :p

True that Rott had tons of stuff. but it didn't have any replay appeal. It was alot like new games in that way, lots of tricky tricks and nothing that keeps you coming back for more. I once tried to play through 1 of the 2 episodes. but after a few maps of running around the mazes tryuing to find my way, but only finding the same places all the time (or so it seemed) I just gave up on it. it was so incredibly boring.

BTW Rick. how's it going with that story?

Little Faith said:
Doom: Stuff could move up and down, but not to the sides.

RoTT: Stuff could move to the sides, but not up and down.

sort of the 'anti-doom engine' then.

I couldn't give a shit about what features ROTT had/hasn't got, it was still a fun game, with a nice atmosphere, not in Doom's league, but then what was? ROTT was a blast and I hope someone makes decent use out of this important development.

Heh. I booted it up for laughs today, and it had charismasy stuff. The first level had Christmas music and your guy gets a Santa hat. Ho ho ho.

Ct_red_pants said:

Heh. I booted it up for laughs today, and it had charismasy stuff. The first level had Christmas music and your guy gets a Santa hat. Ho ho ho.

I had a poke around inside the file using XWE. There is also a witch's hat and Easter bunny ears, so I guess you get to see them at the right time of year too. I also found our old friend the DSBOSPIT sound. I think it may be part of the Kinetic Energy Sphere explosion sound.

There are some very nice sprites in there, not least of which are all the different player character sprites. I was thinking about doing a PC with them some time ago, but they lost too much detail when shrunk to a suitable Doom size. Now that Zdoom supports sprite scaling... I don't have the time for it myself, but they could be very useful.