Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Speedy Speedsters

And thus ends the Speedmapping contest, though it wasn't really a contest, more of an event I suppose. Anyways, seven people made maps, so there's seven maps to download. Amazing. Anyways, head on over there to check them out and come back to #zdoom next Sunday and participate in the next event! It'll be keen!

PS - Map01 is really really good and the guy who made it should be sent gold and virgins and stuff. If you have any spares around the house that is.

my map is small and filled with monsters... and annoying door and lift... wow, it is like 3things!!.
download it now... :P

Cyb said:

PS - Map01 is really really good and the guy who made it should be sent gold and virgins and stuff. If you have any spares around the house that is.

Excuse the typo. That's supposed to read "Map03." :P

Archvile46 said:

Lies!

Archvile46 said:

You all can't write. You mean Map07 >:)

Hyena said:

What?
I didn't hear about any speedmapping.

Maybe you should check the news here more often :P

Oh, I see. When I saw the headline "Nightmarish mapping" I thought "Oh, Nightmare released a map. It must be tuesday."

I thought they were all very impressive for 100 minutes' work, but particularly liked map03 - a very good challenge, especially if you try for 100% kills. I've no virgins or gold to send though.

Grazza said:

I thought they were all very impressive for 100 minutes' work, but particularly liked map03 - a very good challenge, especially if you try for 100% kills. I've no virgins or gold to send though.

Thank you =)

I'm pleasantly surprised with how it ended up turning out, especially since I've never done this before and I spent way too much time on the first room.

And don't worry about the virgins or gold, weed is acceptable too :P

The download links for the first four speedmap packs are broken, but the files are stored in the same location as the rest.

I can't download anything from that site without a popup open. :P And it asked me to install some bullshit spyware too. What a great host!

Drat said:

The download links for the first four speedmap packs are broken, but the files are stored in the same location as the rest.

Fixed :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Fixed :)

Hey Nick!? Did you get my email?
Please send me the other levels (RTC).

Damn it's really hard making a whole map in 100 minutes, I was nowhere near finished enough to submit anything, oh well. It's all good practice I guess.

i was gonna be there but I didnt know where to go, heh.

how about a speedmapping session were the people involved contribute to the one map, like, 2 rooms or so each person, and one guy glues it all together... so that way you could put more detail into the maps and at the same time, have a very large detailed level in one day!