Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher`

sound clicky

Ok, I'm importing some sounds from Hexen2 into my project, and seems that after all the sounds I got from it have a sort-of clicky end that only plays in-game (doom). WTF? Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Edit: I'm using Quark 5.10 to get the sounds, and NWTpro 1.14 to put them in.

You could open it up with the basic Sound Recorder program and just cut off that last part.

I used to get this problem a lot in ye goode olde days of using DMAUD and NWTPro. I used to find that making sure the files were in the native doom format as far as bits and sample rate goes would help, and making sure the sound was actually silent at the end before importing helped as well. If a sound had not faded to silence before it finished, DMAUD used to tend to add a click.

Of course, that was then... Nowadays I use DeePsea for sound importing and it works just fine.

All of the importing/exporting sound and graphic tools have no limits - even in the shareware version.

With some ripping programs I would hear some clicking sounds (XWE comes to mind) and when I edited the sounds I could see a pulse at the end or maybe at the begining, and when I removed them all would go right. Currently I am mostly using shareware DeepSea for adding graphic and sound lumps and WinTex for some finetuning, and NWT and some utilities of my own creation for the rest.