Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
maxspeed

Light trick

I Just did some experimenting with one level and discovered cool light effect, I don't know if this old trick, well I haven't seen it on any tutorials. Its not actually a trick it just something that looks cool and works with vanilla engine too. This trick is somesort of 'glowing smooth light' or whatever...

If you have ever created a wad that has many sectors around a light source, so called smooth light, like example: nearest to light source light level is 192 and then 176, 160 and so on, well you cant make them glow in sync (sector type 8). But if you add some dummy sectors and adjust the light levels right for the dummy sectors, then it works. I can't explain this very good, load this demo wad and see for your self: http://koti.mbnet.fi/max55/msvds.zip

Well what do you think?

I hope you get the idea im not very good at explaining stuff in english :)

Wow, that's a cool effect. I haven't seen it done in any tutorials either. Good work. :)

I remember that trick. I did that in one of my old Heretic wads (ichor.wad E3M9). However, now that we have source ports like ZDoom, that effect can be accomplished without needing all those extra sectors.

Nifty effect. Also one of the few maps I can get maxkills on.
Anyone wanna post a speedrun demo?

Ichor: Yeah Zdoom can do cool stuff, though i don't know much about suorceport stuff exept for Boom.

Too bad that I forgot to add secret sector and items, now it isn't possible to get 100%, 100%, 100% :) btw my best time is 0.22, can someone do this under 0.20?