Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Shinjo

Can some1 tell me how 2 fix this error?

A couple months ago i released a Heretic map: Steeple Chase. I've since began to tidy it up and such with the aim being to rerelease it. However recently it has began to crash after I have crossed a specific number of trigger linedefs with the following error

P_AddActivePlat: no more plats!

I don't beleive it's because of to many triggers or anything like that because other maps i have made with more triggers don't suffer from said error.It also seems to be Heretic Specific

Can someone plz tell exactly what causes it, and how to fix it?

You can only have 30 platforms moving at once. However, I think it's possible to get this error if a line has a sector tag of 0. If that happens, every sector in the map may begin moving all at once.

On closer inspection i have discovered the error only occurs in Jheretic, (Legacy and Zdoom work fine) Stupid me for not checking earlier. The error seems to realate to the ammount of activated triggers (bout 80)(wheter they are moving at the time of the crash doesn't seem to effect it). Guess it's a limitation i'll have to work round as the map's appearence was designed round Jheretic. Thanx for the asistence ppl

Actually what I said above didn't seem to be the cause of the error. When I changed the lindefs values of about 10 sectors with the same propeties (and trigger linked to them) making them into 1 sector, the problem completely dispeared. Prehaps theres a limit in Doomsday that only allows a maximun amount of flats across different sector to move during a level