Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

doom.wrong.button.com - webpage prototype update

I worked on the webpage all day at school. It looks MUCH better now. You also have a choice for frames or no frames, to keep everyone happy. There is also a site map on every page. There's more graphics, more links, and cosmetic changes. Still, keep in mind that there is still a lot of work left to go into it. So if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please let me know.

On the frames/noframes page, you may want to make the font size a little bigger so that the spider mastermind image wont be so overwhelming.

Also, your psxdoom image is broken.

You should ZIP the doom mp2 music wads. It would cut the size (alas I am a dial-up user). Site still rules. When are the sounds gonna be uploaded? I want the world to listen to the sounds I ripped. Oh and you might wanna open up the wolfenstein 3d sounds and slow them down a bit. Some are a little fast.

IMG SRC="yaddayadda" border="0"

Use that for them linked images to avoid the ugly blue borders. And pick a different link color. More contrast is needed :)

Othervise, nice page!

You can't zip up an mp2/mp3 and expect to squeeze it any smaller than 99% of what it already is. It is already a compressed waveform. The best MP3 encoder you could use would be RazorLame, that would help.

However, if you want 100% perfect quality waves with the smallest file size possible you should use either LPAC or Monkey's Audio, both do the job nicely and both have WinAmp plugins to play the format. However, note that either will be quite a bit larger than just using RazorLame for the job. =)

Just updated it again, as per the suggestions. Plus I added the "Doom Miscellaneous" section. It has all of the alphas, shareware, tcs, ports, sounds, etc. I'll be doing more graphics tomorrow nite. Check it out. Let me know what you think.

And to Lament... It doesn't work? What error do you get?

Does it work for everyone else?

Plain old "The page cannot be displayed". the URL, meanwhile, changes to http://204.29.171.40/resolver.dll?realname=doom%2Ewrong%2Ebutton%2Ecom&charset=utf-8&providerid=262

did you type the address in or use the link? if the ftp:// isn't in the front, instead of http:// the page won't display.

i need to finish puting up my old school doom maps into my account. i also will put my textures that i will submit to freedom, when they are done

sephiroth: Sounds great! I'm making the wad page this afternoon. At this rate I may be done this page by next week... Now all I need is a place to host the site until UltraFPS opens (a few months away)...

To bigbadgangsta: about the sounds in your upload:

1) The heretic sounds zip file won't open. It says that the file is corrupted. Is it done uploading? If it is, you may have to re-upload.

2) About the Quake 2 sounds: I seem to be missing the 10th zip. Better send it over. Are there any zips after 13?

the time saved for someone on a very slow dialup connection, downloading an improved encoded mp2/3 would not nearly approach the extra time needed to re-encode all the songs :)