Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

ZDoom 2.0 B36 Bugs

The difficulty setting never reverts to skill 0 anymore, and network play works. Basically all the known bugs in the old 1.23 beta 33 have been fixed.

Most of the bugs that are left are minor niggling bugs. The only big PIA is the monster count is screwed. With successive vists to a map, or loading and saving or just progressing through the game you can get bizarre kill counts like 100/10 or 50/0 or 127/-12 all on the same level!

However, Randy has known about this for some time, and I'd be surprised if he hasn't addressed it by now.

I've just tried 2.0.37, and there is still something very screwy about the monster count, at least as it applies to NM and respawning. I tried Doom2 Map01 on NM, and started killing the first few monsters (humans + imp). They respawned OK a few times, but when I'd killed them several times, they stopped respawning entirely, and the monster count went crazy, increasing by about 6 or 7 every second or so. Within a few minutes it was over 1000, with nothing respawning.

Hmm. I'll again revert to 2.0.35 and report this to Randy (edit: well, I will once the Zdoom forums are working).

Grazza said:

...and report this to Randy (edit: well, I will once the Zdoom forums are working).

S'Okay dude, I already did that. I noticed the bug was pretty damn weird. It's not just that the monsters stop respawning and the counts go through the roof, the monsters are respawning, but in the wrong place.

I first noticed teleport (respawn) flashes in the corridors of map01, but no new monsters. Eventually there were no monsters for me to kill, but I could still hear them. Turns out they were in the void for some reason. What's more, they kept respawning there, and the numbers went sky high. Even after enabling cheats and killing all the monsters, I was only credited with a fraction of the monsters that were supposedly on the map (99/564 at that time) but an IDDT cheat confirmed that they were all dead (at least for a short while).

Hang on, I'm from the UK. I don't say S'Okay dude.

That's all right, old chap, I already....

Toodle pip.

Grazza said:

Hmm. I'll again revert to 2.0.35 and report this to Randy (edit: well, I will once the Zdoom forums are working).

They're back up again...