Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The Doom Community's Most Lovable Designer Is Hurt

Well, Ebola bugged me in IRC to update about this so here it is. Unholy Software has been updated with some shocking news that Ebola has suffered a thumb injury. Yes, a thumb injury.

My thumb is broken and out of joint. I can't use the hand so all this is written with my left hand. Oh yeah, the thub got cracked open halfway across, it looked pretty raw . So I got about as much steel in it as darth vader now.. shhhhhh psshhhhhh. Luke.. I am your father. [. . .] pity me dammit.

Read more about how this horrible tragedy happened at Unholy Software!

Imp said:

He's gotta start using the left hand to whack now ;)

Don't be a frad.

That story about the accident scares me more then most Doom levels. Yikes! I hope you have a swift recovery, Ebola.

imp: actually, I already know how to wack with ms left.. one gotta be prepared y'know :p

Arno. Well thanks.. I'm looking at 4 weeks here.

I think it went something like...

Ben Kenobi: "When I first knew Ebola, he was already a great mapper, but I was amazed how strongly the force was with him."

Luke: "There is still good in him."

Ben Kenobi: "He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil."

The injury sounds painful. Had some nasty hand injuries myself in the course of woking on vehicles so I feel your pain, um so to speak.

...and it was one of those horrible incidents where you trapped yourself, were already in pain, and yet still knew that you had to cause yourself more pain in order to free yourself. Yergh! I hate that!

Anybody ever get shot in the foot by an archer? This guy was like a total jackass. I kicked his ass and his wife took him home laughing. See, I'm not really the fighting type, and beating this guy while limping, it was kinda funny now that I look back. God I hate that saying: 'Someday we'll look back on this and laugh.' :o

Enjay: heh, I hope you got taken care of a whole lot faster than I did though. Emergecy is apparently a very vague word in swedish ;)

timmie: yeah, you really miss them when they're gone.

Rav: You got shot in the foot by an archer?

ravage said:

Anybody ever get shot in the foot by an archer? This guy was like a total jackass. I kicked his ass and his wife took him home laughing. See, I'm not really the fighting type, and beating this guy while limping, it was kinda funny now that I look back. God I hate that saying: 'Someday we'll look back on this and laugh.' :o

HOLY SHIT... and I thought flying pigs were amazing! Oh yeah - get well soon Ebola!

Ebola, I bet after your accident you went straight to hospital...when what you really should have done is gone straight home, scanned your tumb and posted the image online. Opportunity missed IMO. :-)

..seriously though, sounds painful. Hope you make a full recovery.

Russel: I would have, But I don' have a camera and I don't wanna mess up my scanner ;).. btw it kinda looks worse now than when it was fresh sqished,, now it's all wrinkled up like when you've been in the bath for too long. and it still bleed, plus I got wire sticking out here and there on it. although.. it probaly loojk betternow.. not as much flesh hanging, and not as much dirt.. ;)

Uh.. damn. Having up-close seen my share of accidents of similar nature, I bet that one hurt like hell and the some.

/sry, but Virgil isn't not too good at showing his sympathy

*sigh* It had to be one of the 1337est mappers in the world. :( Get well soon you frad. I wanna see N'imrod II for DOOM III. :D

kristus said:

Emergecy is apparently a very vague word in swedish ;)

In the UK it usually means sit there for at least 2 hours watching a parade of people cradling mashed and mangled parts of their body until an all too butch person in a white coat (who may or may not be medical staff) grabs hold of your injury, twists it, squeezes it and then asks if it hurts.

Two good (related) tales to hopefully help ease the pain:

The first one - a friend sustained an injury to his leg during a game of football (no not that football - soccer) but received minimum sympathy - even from his parents - his dad being a rough tough marine.

Eventually, in the early hours of the morning they figured he was probably serious and took him to hospital. Again, being some hours after the match, nobody gave him much sympathy because, it "can't" have been broken otherwise he would have done something sooner.

A Doctor grabbed and turned it, my friend yelled. After the X-ray, however, they discovered that he had a spiral fracture running right up his tibia (the nature of which meant it didn't look fractured).

As soon as that discovery was made, he got loads of sympathy. Right up to the point the nurse pushing him around on the wheelchair left him in the corridor whilst she went to get something. The problem was she left him in the path of an automatic door which duly shut on his supported, sticking out leg! Apparently he was heard screaming half way across the hospital.

The second one is better (and shorter) - Another friend was knocked off his motor bike whilst sitting waiting at a junction. Having suspected spinal injuries he was whisked off to hospital with all sorts of bracing attached to him. A few hours later, a doctor and a nurse were examining him. Whilst my friend was still strapped, bondage-like to a trolley, the doctor lubed up a finger and inserted it in his ass! (My friend's, not his own.) He then asked my friend to squeeze down as hard as possible on the finger as he wriggled it around inside my friend. Then he uttered the immortal words, that had both the nurse and my friend in tears with laughter.

"Now sir, does that feel normal."

(Both friends made full recoveries BTW - Dunno if any of the nurses ever got over it though.)

Enjay: story 1. really sad. story 2. ROFLMAO

well, I got a compress and was asked to wait for someone to com, and sqeeze it tight.. took about an hour , then a nurse came and gave me 2 aspirins and let me wait a bit more.. I managed to bleed quite alot during that time.. later I had to sit and wait with my pain in the er waiting room for 3.5 hours..

Virgil: I'm quite sure you're the only one who cares about seeing a E2 of Nimrod. except for me of course. ;)

3.5 hours?? I'm glad I'm in America. :)

And OMFG NO! We CAN'T be the only two people who care. I refuse to believe it.

Ok then, just to test Ebola's theory, how about this: if you're reading this and you liked N'imrod and want to see something like that again, say so by posting it on this thread.

kristus said:

Heh, I think this thread is dead.. ;)

So stop bumping it, stop whining and get back to work you lazy sod :P

Heh.

If this thread is dead, what would be an appropriate thread to test your theory on? It might be the truth, but hopefully it isn't, else I'm going to have to think of a sequel myself, and I already got a helluva lot of wads I'm working on.

This reminds me of the time I got my toe cut off in a bike chain. I should've worn shoes that day.

Vulg@r said:

This reminds me of the time I got my toe cut off in a bike chain. I should've worn shoes that day.

Why werent you wearing shoes in the first place?

ravage said:

Why werent you wearing shoes in the first place?

I rarely wore shoes when I grew up.. living in the country rawks for a young boy :)

I wonder how he managed to get his foot into the chain.. no chain-cover?