Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mewse

Torment And/Or Torture

Tormentor667 has updated his Doom page with new bilingual design, so you can read it in English, and then in German, and then go back to English, and then maybe German again!! Doomworld encourages responsible use of bilingualism. Apparently, there is a revised version of TNT2 available in the download area of this site, and the news contains some screenshots of TNT3 which is still in development. Warning: There is no warning.

If you like your computer monitors to have that nice white glare, fine.

But for those of us working with normal displays, that's an awful dark screenshot.

My monitor isn't even at half of its full brightness level and the screenshots are both fine.

In fact, I have one of the official Doom 3 screenies as my desktop background, and that's a little dark at the current settings.

monitors seem to vary. I have a crt at home that, even at the highest brightness, makes everything look really dark and black. And then I have another one that displays everything too bright at the middle setting (high setting gives off that wonderful white glare arioch was talking about). On my current monitor (which is lcd, whereas those other two are crt, I dunno if that means anything) everything seems to look a lot better, though I do have the brightness set all the way up, but I find it displays stuff a lot better than those two older ones (they're both around 6 years old or more).

the second shot is dark on my monitor -- mainly because of the white backgroud.
good screens though.

On the Doomworld forums index page there is a line near the top of the page that goes like:

Forum Posts Threads Last Post Moderator

This line is highlighted by a dark grey strip that is slightly lighter than the black background.

If you can't see the highlight strip at all your monitor is set too dark.

If it stands out greatly you have your monitor set too bright. You should be able to just make it out.

my problem is the glare from white areas of the screen -- when the screenshots get loaded into my browser, they take up the topleft corner of the window and most of the rest of the screen remains stark white.. when 75% of the screen is full white its hard to pick out the details of a dark screenshot.

and yes, i can see the dark grey strip on the main forums page.

Well, you could eventually download all the screenies, put them into a powerpoint presantation and set the ppt's background color to black ;) This might also work *g*

Tormentor667 said:

Well, you could eventually download all the screenies, put them into a powerpoint presantation and set the ppt's background color to black ;) This might also work *g*

Orrr just set the browser's default background color to black...

Cyb said:

Orrr just set the browser's default background color to black...

wtf cyb, thats a great idea.. thanks

Sign in to follow this