Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katarhyne

Male Pattern Speedmapping

Yeah. So, anyway, SargeBaldy is apparently permanently the Speedmapping torchbearer, and he smacked me around with an oar so I'd tell everyone that another one of those speedmapping wad thingies is done, apparently with an island theme. Check it out.

omg these maps suck! they all look like they were made in like 100 mins or something!! WTF!!

Jonathan said:

Damnit, way to not advertise it on the forums. I thought there wasn't one happening...

not that I ever take part in these events, but Jonathan is quite right. First I've heard of it too. Is there now a secret speed mapping club? Do you all have secret hand shakes and all that? :)

Uh, there was a news item a few weeks ago that speed mapping was starting up yet again... don't remember hearing stuff about if after that, so I guess it was a "those who are interested are already there" kind of thing.

Damnit, way to not advertise it on the forums. I thought there wasn't one happening...

That'd be hard for Badly, considering he's banned. Maybe he can have his ban lifted by Lüt? In any case, am I the only one that got the headline for this news post?

BBG said:

In any case, am I the only one that got the headline for this news post?

No :-)

The follicly challenged one could always ask someone else to publicise the event here if he can't post in person.

Well yes I knew it had started up again, but then Nightmare posted in the forums that he couldn't run it anymore. Anyway, I'll be there next week hopefully.

Cyb said:

omg these maps suck! they all look like they were made in like 100 mins or something!! WTF!!

Actually, mine was made in about 20.

I'd like to take this time to acknowledge Erik_Alm and Magikal who seem to be the only ones who really followed the instructions :p

Nanami: Your level reminds me a lot of iamevil4.wad (ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/iamevil4.zip)
Nice work.

And Zarcyb: Join Mock 2. We might have one map spot available. If not we can squeeze an extra one (zdoom allows for lots of maps). Your map rocked my twisted little brain.
If I get a boat, I'm going to name it after yours, the H.M.S. Kthnxbye.

Hyena said:

I'd like to take this time to acknowledge Erik_Alm and Magikal who seem to be the only ones who really followed the instructions :p

Hey, I did too. All I was missing was the boat.

It sank.

the_Danarchist said:

Hey, I did too. All I was missing was the boat.

It sank.

heh =)

Your map was the one I enjoyed the most from a design point of view. I did like mine and magikal's most from a gameplay point of view though.

Opulent said:

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/id/sp2_op.zip
couple of map03 demos.
3621 imps! that is taking the rules a bit too far, I think. :)
would be cool to put a couple Cybers at the other end...
Erik, your map04 demos were nice. I also liked when you gave that imp a shave and a haircut on 5. :)

I want to see the shave and a haircut. Where are these demos?

They are on the speedmapping page itself (sb2demos.zip.)

lol haha, ho ho. OK, obviously mapper of map01 wasnt impressed with the theme. Was i playing mockery?
/Laughin in my own filth