Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Elbryan42's site

rubilacxe: your upload dir should work. do you need the username and password again?

Probably tomorrow nite. Since I'm at school all day and work at nite, I don't have much time. I'll probably have it on the website today, but the links will be broken until I get home and update the ftp tomorrow nite.

For anyone who would like the Quake 2 sounds, heretic sounds, and hexen midis, and hexen sounds, they're in bigbadgangsta's upload folder until tomorrow nite, and then they'll be on the regular ftp dirs when I update on friday nite.

School sucks...

I did a bit more work on the ftp today. Almost everything's up. New background, put fps music on a different page, etc. I'll be doing more graphics (and touching up the main graphic) this weekend. Talk at you all later.

How about background music? You could use one of the mp2's or something and change it weekly:

<bgsound src=[dir] loop=infinite>

Then again, background music may be annoying to others... Just an idea.

make sure you will provide the turn on/off option for the background music

hehehe... the more bored i get at school the better my webpage gets. i'm probably spend about 5-10 hours a day on it. maybe i should actually do schoolwork at school... nah.

btw, what do you all think of the backgrounds? also, i'm redoing all of the pictures to transparancies, so that the page looks better. i already did transparancies for the map when you select frames. even the demon pic from doom 64.

and i considered the music and decided against it. i too hate music and sounds on pages. and just about anything multimedia. webpages should be simple to navigate with as little annoyances as possible. design should be what people should concentrate on, not which music to use. i even have a choice for frames or not. this way the site's for everyone.

just a thought elby, have you considered doing a table that's 100% width that is split into two. one about 15-20% and the other the rest. you put the site map in one and the main stuff (news, info about music, whatever) in the other) it's more effective than frames. deathwarrior's domain and the uacress page uses that style.

i tried that already, and didn't like the look of it. since i have a site map at the bottom of every page, that i think already looks awesome, plus the frames for people who like them, i don't think a site map on the side is needed.

besides, i find it much easier to just push end to get to the site map, or have it on a frame, compared to scrolling down, and having to find the item you want in the map again.

i don't mind the map using tables, when the page is small, and it's always close. however, some pages are huge already, and it's quicker to use a map at the bottom of the page.

i agree that frames really suck ass... on a computer at low resolutions. however, if the res is pumped up, and the entire map frame is on the screen, it's cool. not everyone has hi-res, so i made an option. i don't wanna be an asshole not giving people a choice, like many sites that have music, flash, frames, sounds, etc that get really annoying, and not being able to turn them off.

of course, that's just my opinion. i'll see what i can do.

i have to wake up in 3 hours so i'm going to bed. talk at you all tomorrow. :)