Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

Super Sonic Screenies

Ultimate DooMer said:

I'm not sure what you mean there.

It's good and all, but nothing can be as good as the oringinal sonic. :)

Half-pipes: I could do it with slopes (there will be hidden bonus stages in it), but it's finding a way of propelling you forward.

Super speed: I can do high-speed sequences (with a load of springs) but not in a spindash style. (this is DooM, after all)

ps. I've added another screenie to the site.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Super speed: I can do high-speed sequences (with a load of springs) but not in a spindash style. (this is DooM, after all)

There's also the boots of speed item from Hexen (or is it Heretic?). Not that fast, but is does give a cool blur effect behind you as you are running - seen in multiplayer and chasecam views (not too clear in chase cam at the default distance). Works in Doom, 'cause I was messing around with it today. :-)

Fredrik said:

What, yet another Sonic TC?

Nope, if you read the description on my site you'll find it's a ZDoom megamod (a megawad but also a mod - I just made that term up now) with some Sonic features. (not a TC, as it doesn't use Sonic sprites, characters etc.)

Ralphis: no I didn't, I got this idea months ago.

Enjay: cool idea (it could be just like the boots of speed in Sonic) but can I use it with GiveInventory without adding all the graphics, and could I automatically make you use the boots as soon as you get them?

Ultimate DooMer said:

can I use it with GiveInventory without adding all the graphics, and could I automatically make you use the boots as soon as you get them?

You could give it witout all the graphics but auto using is a no-no I'm afraid. The best you could do is bind a key to use the item to prevent having to search through an invisible inventory. There are no scripting commands to allow console style commands from within a script, so you couldn't force it to be used by getting a script to do it on pickup. Maybe that means it's not too practical for your megamod?

"Megamod", heh, I like that!

You're probably right, as I needed it to activate automatically (when you jump on the monitor) so I can't use it. Never mind, I've got plenty of cool stuff in it already...

Ultimate DooMer said:

Ralphis: no I didn't, I got this idea months ago.

And I had it at least a year and a half ago.

Ralphis said:

HAHAHAHAHA ITS TOO BAD NO ONE CARES!!! ITS ONLY DOOM!!! HAHAHA!!

The screenies look nice, BTW, and I can't wait to see more areas.

Ralphis said:

You never did anything so ha. :P

Um, whatever.

sargebaldy said:

doom anomaly would be glad to hear about this if he weren't still losered.

He already knows, he found out when I posted that project info thread a while back.

Nick Perrin said:

HAHAHAHAHA ITS TOO BAD NO ONE CARES!!! ITS ONLY DOOM!!! HAHAHA!!

You really need to research on topics before you speak.