Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Holy crap, this megawad is awesome. I was digging through my doom2 folder trying to clear up space by deleting wads I don't play anymore, and I stumbled across this and decided to give it a shot. I must have downloaded it some time ago and never played it, but it kicks fucking ass.

The level designs are innovative and realistic, without being incredibly complex. The first few levels suffer from the author not knowing how to unpeg or align things, but that can easily be forgotten. Not to mention it's possibly the most fun wad I've ever played. It's definitely up there with Memento Mori, my favorite wad of all time. In fact, some of these levels made me think I was playing MM, just a more realistic version of it. All it was lacking was good replacement music.

If you haven't downloaded this wad, do so immediately.

I recommend Dmonfear by Adam Windsor and T_dunn02 by Travers Dunne as well, if you liked TVR!. [/B]

I think I've played Dmonfear by Adam Windsor (back when it was in sets of 5 or so levels at a time, I think), and liked it for the most part, except the levels were small. Really small. TVR's aren't huge, but they're still not quite like Windsor's maps :P

Opulent said:
I recommend Dmonfear by Adam Windsor and T_dunn02 by Travers Dunne as well, if you liked TVR!.

Where could one find these wads? They seem very interresting.

TVR was REALLY good for the most part, but sadly started to lag towards the middle. VERY good overall, though, with excellent new graphics (don't replacing the music, though, was a serious mistake that serverly hampered my enjoyment of it) and very cool level design. Excellent.

RTDscout said:

...sadly started to lag towards the middle...

I can't imagine which maps you have in mind. I thought 12-20 (including the secret levels) were all great, even if 13 and 18 did kick my ass just a bit too hard. 14 was a bit too easy if you played it as a "just run to the exit" speedrun, I suppose.

What can I say? I didn't like 'em quite as much. I'm sure the music didn't help.

You could use a music wad, such as mmmus.wad, mm2mus.wad. reqmus.wad, hrmus.wad, nin.wad, etc. Plenty to choose from.

Nope. If someone doesn't replace the music, then I'm just not gonna enjoy their wad as much. Feebage on their part.

Grazza said:

You could use a music wad, such as mmmus.wad, mm2mus.wad. reqmus.wad, hrmus.wad, nin.wad, etc. Plenty to choose from.

Heh, that's what I did. I did mm2 cause every level is different and none of the musics repeat.

Brad_tilf said:

Well, you could just look here since I have Momento Mori, TVR and pretty much every other megawad on the planet available on this page.
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/mega/mega.html

If you can't find it there and you find it somewhere else, let me know where to get it cuz I want that page to be complete.
:-)

In which case, I'd better let you know where to get mine from. It's a bit like TVR in some ways (which is one of my fave megawads as well), but more strongly themed and realistic.