Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Mortal Kombat TC

Bob, I have a suggestion for your page. While your descriptions of the wads/mods are good, it might be helpful for people to have access to any accompanying text files. People who are selective about what they download, usually can make a decision based on what's in the text file.

Well, I'll consider that for future releases. Its a good idea except that in order to have links back to the page or anywhere else in the site I have to turn the txt file into an html file that they can navigate. but, well, we'll see. Thanks for your feedback.
:-)

Brad_tilf said:

man - all this over a small download.
Anyway - you got it - more pics.
enjoy

If it lookes like crap .If I have a good hunch that its just going ot be a waste of space. Then why download it? That is why I wanted to see more pics. Cool wad btw.

Brad_tilf said:

Well, I'll consider that for future releases. Its a good idea except that in order to have links back to the page or anywhere else in the site I have to turn the txt file into an html file that they can navigate. but, well, we'll see. Thanks for your feedback.

The browser have a "back" button.
Anyway, do anyone even ever use those back links?

kristus said:

I dont cuz most of the time they take ya ot the advertised site.

I don't do advertising on my site. Nobody noticed? The only popup is a java popup for my last release. No banners, no nothing. The only thing I have on my site that might be remotely consider "advertising" is a search engine in the table on the left of the main pages but since all its doing is offering people a search option it's not really advertising. As far as those links to main pages and stuff - easier if you've navigated down a few pages and just want to head back to the main page.

back to topic: I played through the first level. I enjoyed it. Its not the best map on the planet but it was fun to play and challenging so its all good and tho they didn't change ALL the sprites, they changed enough. Its a small dl - try it and form your own opinion - positive or negative. I liked it.

Hey brad, here's another suggestion; If the author's got a website, post a link along with their work. I'd really like to know more about who made Osiris.

I almost always post links to the original authors websites but in many cases they don't have them and in even more cases now the original websites have disappeared, in which case I removed the link because it is dead and dead links are bad. Perhaps there is a clue to Osiris in the text file?

p.s. - such is the case with Osiris.
I checked the web address given in the .txt file but it no longer exists. Of course, the files have a date of 1996 on them. Such is the problem of the internet. People come and go but they leave their legacy behind for us to ponder....

I was thinking the other day you could make a decent "beat 'em up" mod in Zdoom by using all the Heretic and Hexen close quarter weapons in addition to the Doom ones, but eventually I decided that there would be no tactics involved in which one to use. Once you got the most powerful ones, you'd stick with them with no penalty, unless some form of cost, (effectively ammo use or time) were built in to the mod.

Brad_tilf said:

kristus said:

Have you thought about PHP, or something similar, for your website?