Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown

Geforce 256 works for Doom3?

That will suck big time when u haven't a Geforce3 card or better!Just think playing the lowest resulotion and no Special effekts!hehe the game will look as good as Quake then hehe....

Yes it will run, like major crap. No new features going on, horrible resolution, etc etc.

You have more than enough time to upgrade your video card.

yeah, I guess running Doom 3 with a GeForce 256 is sorta like running Quake 3 with one of the original Voodoo cards.

But like Zaldron said, by the time the game is out, a pretty nice Geforce 3 will rank about same on people's gimme lists as a Geforce 2 MX does now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go enjoy some games that are currently available^^

Me too! On my old, horrid computer (5mb harddrive... erg), I could barely get Quake 2 to run.... thank Bob for DOOM 2! It was one of the few great games that ran well. Now, it's Ultimate DOOM on a GeForce2 MX. Oh, and Quake 2 runs like a dream. Ultimate performancew DOOM ^_^...... still like it more than Quake, which is still good, but... no Bulldog Demons.

Wait a sec, I thought DOS was bigger than 5 megs, but maybe I'm wrong.

Well, you could run doom from a CD, but Quake 2???

The minimum, run from CD install is I think 15 megs, to say nothing of the 500+ meg virus, er, I mean OS you need to run it, and...oh forget it. He probably meant to say 500 meg hard drive or something....I think=P

yeah, I guess running Doom 3 with a GeForce 256 is sorta like running Quake 3 with one of the original Voodoo cards.

That's no prob :) I've played Q3 on my voodoo rush (wee bit better than the original), and I got about 35 fps on demo1 :) Ok, it didn't look very good, but that's not the purpose of q3 either ;)