Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Doom: Enigma

Whoa! Who made that second level? That's awesome, I wish I was that good of a mapper!

I noticed that one of the four levels had some Lost Souls in it. Are they "allowed" in the episode 1 levels?

EDIT: /me visits the Enigma homepage and admits to be on a wrong track! Sorry...

c-cooper said:

I noticed that one of the four levels had some Lost Souls in it. Are they "allowed" in the episode 1 levels?

EDIT: /me visits the Enigma homepage and admits to be on a wrong track! Sorry...

yep, they sure are. nanami thought they might be an interesting thing to allow, although my e1 map isn't going to use them.

Lost Souls remind me so much of The Shores of Hell that I can't imagine that I'd ever use them in a KDITD map. That's just me...

Here's a couple of screenshots of my level:
http://home13.inet.tele.dk/CNH/DOOM09.jpg
http://home13.inet.tele.dk/CNH/DOOM10.jpg

As you can see, I've allowed myself to use other than pure episode 1 textures/flats in the level, unlike my CH Retro Episode maps. Author's rights, you know ;-)

really cool levels!, 1 was short but fun, 2 was very nice!, 3 was very very cool but a lil weird, and 4 is a great 1st ep ending level

i cant wait for this to be out :D

Epyo said:

Whoa! Who made that second level? That's awesome, I wish I was that good of a mapper!

Lame!

Sweet Prince said:

3 was very very cool but a lil weird

Whee! I got two verys. My level was supposed to be second though. :/ Also, the windows shouldn't have been unblocked.

the_Danarchist, your map is OK. It's well themed as a base type map and it has a few good tech bits here and there, but overall it felt a bit empty (it's actually a bit square and while that in itself isn't always bad, it shows off more if it's unpopulated), like it might do well with more monsters and probably health and ammo to go with them. Don't add too many Shotgun guys or Heavy weapon dudes though or else they would get a bit deadly; non-firearm (or maybe Zombiemen) are better for numbers in a low level map.

Overall only the 4th map in the demo seemed finished to me... Hmm, OK, I'll go back to work on mine before I get a brick on the head for more talking than deeds.

the_Danarchist said:

Whee! I got two verys. My level was supposed to be second though. :/ Also, the windows shouldn't have been unblocked.

For the most part, the maps in the demo were randomly assembled. Hyena's just ended up first and Ralphis' was last.

yeah map 3 was kinda empty but i thought it had a nice abandoned feel to it... like one of those "it's quiet... yeah TOO quiet" feel to it.. maybe more monsters at the end and a few blood spots on the floor and walls would help the feeling of it... but what do i know? i liked it :p

Nanami said:

For the most part, the maps in the demo were randomly assembled. Hyena's just ended up first and Ralphis' was last.

well if you just flipped 02 and 03 around they'd have been in the correct order ;)

Is MAP14 still free ? I want to design it... So, tell me quickly !

MAP01 - Hyena (MAP RECIEVED)
MAP02 - Danarchy (MAP RECIEVED)
MAP03 - magikal
MAP04 - Chris Hansen
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - Silverwyvern
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - 5hfifty
MAP09 - Epyo (MAP RECIEVED)
MAP10 - SargeBaldy
MAP11 - Ralphis (MAP RECIEVED)

MAP12 - Torn
MAP13 - myk
MAP14 - DCK
MAP15 - SargeBaldy
MAP16 - Fizzter
MAP17 - ???
MAP18 - Danarchy
MAP19 - skippy
MAP20 - Ralphis

MAP21 - ???
MAP22 - deathz0r
MAP23 - ???
MAP24 - ???
MAP25 - Black Void
MAP26 - ???
MAP27 - Torn
MAP28 - ???
MAP29 - Stealthy Ivan
MAP30 - Nanami

MAP31 - SargeBaldy
MAP32 - Torn

move hyena's map from the map01 spot or make it easier/more fun. It is not in good e1m1 style in any way and is too hard. It would be more suited for a spot later on. Or just scale everything up by 100% and add some more ammo :P

Erik said:

move hyena's map from the map01 spot or make it easier/more fun. It is not in good e1m1 style in any way and is too hard. It would be more suited for a spot later on. Or just scale everything up by 100% and add some more ammo :P

yeah, as the text file stated, i hate that map :P it doesn't feel remotely e1 to me, it just feels like a claustrophobiacs nightmare.. he refused to put troopers in, and this shows in the difficulty of the map..

Unless Hyena and someone else are willing to trade spots, it'll stay MAP01. I admit it's a little tight on ammo (don't miss!) and is kind of hard to be E1M1, but Hyena doesn't want to change it any. And that's his choice to make, of course. =)

What do you mean? I didn't find it very hard and I'm barely an average player.

I didn't say it was hard I said it's a little hard to be E1M1. It's still a pretty easy level but the ammo is rather tight.

You better move it, people will be put off by that level and quit playing the wad.

What's wrong with it:

1. It's not e1-ish at all, too smallish detailing, too much use of "metal" and "ceil5_2".

2. It's too tight on ammo for an e1m1. It feels like the map is working against the player instead of just being fun like a start map should be.

3. It's too cramped, more space = more fun.

All the other 3 maps in the demo would be better suited for map01.

I am not saying that Hyena's map suck though, it's decent, just not suited for map01 at all.

If somebody is intewresting in, 2 firsts screenies from my upcoming map 14 for DooM:Enigma is available here. Do you think, it's a good way to design this map, or not ? Why ?

NOTE: each JPG is about 100kb !
NOTE 2: It's PRE PRE ALPHA BETA !!!!!!!!

DCK, that seems like it could end up being pretty good stuff. Make sure the door leading outside from the building opens downwards instead of up. It should slide down into the earth (like a lift) instead of rising into the ceiling as a usual door (or else it seems like it is being swallowed by the sky.)

it seems like it is being swallowed by the sky.)

Hehe :) I'll try to change this into something else ;), but later... For now, enter HERE and check out two newest screens from My own MAP14 for DooM:Enigma :)
I think, when i design whole map, it may be awesome...

Sorry for my English. ;)