Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoM

Eternity SP pack

Hey,
I'm thinking of making a single player level set (undetermined number of maps) for Eternity to showcase the use of 3d sides and to be something for people to play on Eternity while we wait an eternity (heh) for the TC to come out.
Are there any experienced mappers who would like to help out? I want to make it using the nb5texd2 texture wad that is included with the demo level. Let me know if anyone wants to help.

Stephen

heh, i might except a) i'm already so busy right now i don't accomplish anything b) i don't know jack shit about mapping for any port (except some basic legacy stuff)

Isle said:

OK SOUNDS GOOD KING ASSHOLE

actually I wanted people to help not to say sounds good. asshole subject!

what kind of levels do you want? Maybe i can do some. I'm toying around with the new 3dmidtex flag and the new codepointers and they rule! Multi bridge-over-bridges are now so easy to do.

Cya!

NokturnuS said:

what kind of levels do you want? Maybe i can do some. I'm toying around with the new 3dmidtex flag and the new codepointers and they rule! Multi bridge-over-bridges are now so easy to do.

Cya!

Hehe, yeah they rule! I'm looking for some decently detailed maps that make use of the 3dmidtex flag to add new gameplay elements. Stuff that's inventive. I'm also currently using Nick Baker's Episode 5 texture wad (which can be found on Afterglow's site). The 281 and 282 linedefs make moving 3d midtex structures very easy to move. :)

If you are interested in helping out let me know.

Mordeth said:

... I could post a screenie of one Mordeth level that makes extensive use of 3Dsides?

Sure! :D

Stephen

Mordeth said:

... I could post a screenie of one Mordeth level that makes extensive use of 3Dsides?

DO EET

Mordeth said:

MY SCREENSHOT KEY IS MISSING GIVE IT BACK YOU BASTARDS

pull down console, type:
bind [insert screenshot key here] screenshot

that is all

Shouldn't Eternity save those to BMPs? and I can't view the screenies. I only see black and white and most of it is black

BTW, my remark regarding 3DMidTex flags from a few posts back still stands.

From the docs:
Eternity, starting with v3.31, implements a new line flag called 3DMidTex, which causes 2S linedefs using it to clip objects only within the visible vertical range of their middle textures.

This is not correct. It clips objects for the entire texture, even the cyan parts. In my map this is clearly seen with the 3DMidTex railings, which are a 128x128 texture with only the bottom 32 units showing the actual railing. So, the player stands 96 units above the railing.

Personally, I'd like to have both methods. Clipping based on the actual texture size can be handy for all-cyan textures (which I do need, using it in conjuction with double-floors). With clipping based on the non-cyan range you can also do neat stuff... using animated textures and creating wobbly bridges for instance :)

SoM said:

actually I wanted people to help not to say sounds good. asshole subject!

We others have generally learned to ignore Isle.

Mordeth said:

BTW, my remark regarding 3DMidTex flags from a few posts back still stands.

This is not correct. It clips objects for the entire texture, even the cyan parts. In my map this is clearly seen with the 3DMidTex railings, which are a 128x128 texture with only the bottom 32 units showing the actual railing. So, the player stands 96 units above the railing.

Personally, I'd like to have both methods. Clipping based on the actual texture size can be handy for all-cyan textures (which I do need, using it in conjuction with double-floors). With clipping based on the non-cyan range you can also do neat stuff... using animated textures and creating wobbly bridges for instance :)

Clipping based on column is a shitload more complex than is doing simple texture height checks. For cyan clipping I would have to do column checks for EVERY column the player could touch and that would be ass-slow.
Also, if the texture was animated, it would mean I would have to modify the animation code to perform checks for any mobjs that could be caught or need to be adjusted by the new animation. This is a major head-ach, if this kind of feature is ever added, it will be down the road a long way. I don't have time to do it now.

Yeah, the docs should be corrected.

SoM said:
Clipping based on column is a shitload more complex than is doing simple texture height checks.

I know, and I actually prefer the clipping being based on texture sizes so don't worry :)

Screenshots like great Gaston (well duh!). Now answer my damn e-mails already! :)

EDIT: Oh, and...

MY SCREENSHOT KEY IS MISSING GIVE IT BACK YOU BASTARDS

Best post ever.

Mordeth said:

I know, and I actually prefer the clipping being based on texture sizes so don't worry :)

Cool :) I'm really glad people are liking this feature as I wasn't sure that many would find it useful... :) Looking forward to seeing more of the new mordeth!

I *was* going to offer my help but after looking at Mordeth's map I think I'm a bit out of my league. Like back in Single-A. Whew.

Gio

Giomancer said:

I *was* going to offer my help but after looking at Mordeth's map I think I'm a bit out of my league. Like back in Single-A. Whew.

Gio

Well, my maps won't look as good as mordeth's. heh.