Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Searcher

"Octagon of Fear"

Eighth map in the Blind Alley series for Doom 2. "Octagon of Fear"

This is one of my older maps so it is not quite up to my current mapping skills. It is however a very fun play with decent scenery. Since the archives are somewhat slow these days I thought I would release this one so everyone would have something new to play for a few minutes ;)

Under normal play I do not consider it a hard play in UV. It does get hard when you push for time, in there. Experienced Doomer's times should average around twelve minutes on it with the better times in the low 8's. Doom gods can possibly do it in the 6's, perhaps even better, for max runs. Speed runs are also very do-able.

One of my Legacy Max demos at 8:16, is included in the zip file.

Give it a try and please post feedback here, or send me a demo.

Bndalyb.zip
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/newstuff/
or
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/bndalyb.zip

Another fun map!

Gene's Blind Alley series is a good one, especially for gameplay. Some areas can be played safely or a bit reckless if the player chooses, while others are an immediate challenge. Armed with sufficient weapons, health and ammo, this choice makes his designs more player-friendly and manageable to a larger audience.

Blind Alley fan. :)

Rich said:

Armed with sufficient weapons, health and ammo, this choice makes his designs more player-friendly and manageable to a larger audience.

I'm not disagreeing with you (and I'm certainly not commenting on Gene's map), but the same thing can often be achieved through proper enemy placement and implementation of skill levels.

ReX said:

I'm not disagreeing with you (and I'm certainly not commenting on Gene's map), but the same thing can often be achieved through proper enemy placement and implementation of skill levels.

I agree with your comments. :)

What I meant and should have said was 'from a UV perspective' as most players seem to prefer this difficulty choice.