Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

HOM in ZDoom...

When I play my newest level in ZDoom, I get a HOM that I don't see in vanilla Doom II. The HOM is seen where you're supposed to see the sky. You look out a window, and you're supposed to see a octagonal tower in the distance, and a few other linedefs marking the outer walls of the building. But there's also the sky. In ZDoom, though, I see a HOM instead of the sky...

Any ideas about what's wrong?

It just seems to me that ZDoom would eliminate HOMs...

See, I just played my wad (what I have of it) in ZDoom last night, and every time I go to a window (in any level of it), or any place I can see the sky, I see HOMs everywhere. Is there any other solution other than changing node builders??

Your problem is probably related to how you made thise sky sectors, the best way to solve a problem is to see how other peaple made their levels, I suggest you download a wad that has sky sectors like the way you want and edit them in your editor to see how they have done this, and I suggest you look at more than one wad to see more ways to do the same thing so that you can choose the best way for your wad.

Well... they work perfectly in vanilla Doom. I've never seen another way to do sky-viewing windows. You make the window sector, then a middle sector that connects to whatever windows you want to see each other from, with a ceiling of F_SKY1. Finally, on the sides where you want to see the sky, you make a third sector with its ceiling height equal to the floor and a ceiling and floor of F_SKY1. There should never be a HOM there because two sectors with different ceiling heights shouldn't cause HOMs if both of them have ceiling textures of F_SKY1.

This is what I understand from the editing forum. Now please tell me if this is wrong...