Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need a heavily skilled mapper to create maps for a new mp TC in progress. They'll have to know how to do slopes and such using Zdoom, and will also need to be able to do "realistic" levels, set in WW2. First of all, one that can do outdoor mp maps would be of great assistance. As with many of the new engine options, hiding placing (aka heavily forested areas) would be great, to allow the players to hide for sniping. Proning will make the hiding easier ;) . Anyone interested? I especially like the outdoor work on the new Sonic mod.

because no one can find a project to join? seems to me if anyone wants to make something they just make their own megawads. it's really sick. you sick freaks just think you can make your own megawad and never help with anyone elses and expect shit to get done?? it doesn't work that way!

(btw there's been signifcant progress on my own personal megawad zoom, but i could still use some more mappers)

from now on I will never do any work on any project I am not leading myself unless at least 50% of the work is done already and the leader is very active himself.

Erik said:

from now on I will never do any work on any project I am not leading myself unless at least 50% of the work is done already and the leader is very active himself.

sounds like a good rule to me. i'll let you know when zoom is 50% complete (do you mean mapwise?)

You lazy bastard (heh), if you're going to do a TC, at least do some mapping for it or someting else, like sprite or texture creation, instead of coming here asking people to do all of it for you. Incredibly lame.

Umm, it's hardly lame, I've been mapping and most of the time I've been coding my ass off. Thinks like proning, crouching, and visual damage, turrets, new weapon options and tons of other supported features aren't exactly easy.

Well, kind of, I'm just advancing the engine to my needs, and then the TC will be packed with the engine.

Hey man I understand...I can't get anyone to join NHFL EP II
They don't even need to know Zdoom slopes or anything..Just your basic DOOM maping..And still noone wants to help
And I have asked several times for help. I guess they could care so less about it that they are willing to wait the two or more years It will most likely take me to finish NHFL EP II.
What the fuck ever.

I am very interested in helping NHFL Ep2. Both because I like Ep 2, but also because I believe I have the necessary skill to make something on par with what I have seen.

I just like to join a project with a finished product rather than getting assigned.

I'd help, I really would, but I have no talent WHATSOEVER when it comes to doom modding. Sorry man.

Little Faith said:

I am very interested in helping NHFL Ep2. Both because I like Ep 2, but also because I believe I have the necessary skill to make something on par with what I have seen.

I just like to join a project with a finished product rather than getting assigned.

Well I need you to tell me what map number you want. So I or someone else doesn't make that map.

And I would like to see an example of your work..even if its not finished.

And I would like to get some info from you for the NHFL Mappers page.

GameArena said:
Well anyway, my mappers would have to get used to new effects and features.

Maybe that's a reason no one wants to join. They now know you are doing work for the project, but are you going to take all the credit?I don't think so.

P.S. Put in a few more details about your TC, like a storyline, weapon and features examples, basically make a video game ad for your TC. That might attract more people. I would help(I could help big time with sprites for WWII weapons and enemies, and I like WWII TC's), but I'm already working on a project(Desert Warrior).

P.P.S. Speaking of Desert Warrior, it'll be a little while longer than I expected for the Desert Warrior Demo to be completed. But be patient- it's going to kick ass(but I take back that thing I said about the weapons being better than immoral conduct's). The demo is going to show what this TC will be made of. Trust me, you'll like even if you hate it.

P.P.P.S. I know, I shouldn't be advertising in other people's threads.

Yeah, trust me I know how to get gaming hype up, I'm a gaming journalist, but I just haven't stepped up the "press campaign" yet.

hmmm, I should use this thread as a reminder to get back to work on that wolf 3d mod I keep telling people I'm making.

Trasher][ said:
I'd help, I really would, but I have no talent WHATSOEVER when it comes to doom modding. Sorry man.

I don't know, you're pretty good at getting resorces for 'em.