Job

Doom Powerups

Yes, but that's like an extra million variables to add to the game. O_o

That's like...

health[8]
armor[8]
weapons[8][9]
ammo[8][9]

well assuming the sphere appears once in the map and never respawns then it's only vars for armor, weapons and ammo. you don't actually need to store health since uh, players have to hit zero health when they die :P and restoring them to 0 health when they respawn would be silly.

alternativly you could also make it respawn after the player who grabbed it dies, so then other players would have a shot at it and you'd still only need to store armor, weapons and ammo (which is like 14 vars in two arrays and a single) plus another to keep track of which player has the sphere (if any).

hehe anyways I wasn't advocating that you should include it, or that it wouldn't involve a bunch of extra vars to manage, just that it wouldn't be as complex as you might think.

Cyb, that actually sounds like a good/solid idea. I like this idea best:

Cyb suggested: ...alternativly you could also make it respawn after the player who grabbed it dies, so then other players would have a shot at it and you'd still only need to store armor, weapons and ammo (which is like 14 vars in two arrays and a single) plus another to keep track of which player has the sphere (if any).

You did a good job on the Helmsdeep wad and if you could create this powerup, I'd be pleased as hell. I'd be more than glad to make the sprite grafx for it as well. My equation is:

Cyb makes Helmsdeep, therefore Cyb is skilled enough to make this powerup.

All the new powerups in ZooM are:

1) Activated immediately
2) Part of one of the five main spheres (Weapon, Life, etc)
3) These spheres are respawned after 5 seconds

So that like doesn't work. =P