Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Giomancer

Level header

Hi folks.

I'm working on a level for Eternity, and up 'til now I haven't had too much trouble integrating Eternity features. Now the problem I ran into concerns the level header: Where is it? How can I change it? I'm using DeePsea (don't yell) to import the ascii lump "E1M1" and it just tells me that the name is "reserved". Ugh. As if I don't know what I'm doing... Wait, I don't. :P

Anyway, any pointers would be nice. And if it's just DeePsea being a pain, well, I'll handle that end. Thanks everyone (anyone?).

Gio

Deepsea is just being lame, use some other program to import the lump and don't forget to remove the empty one.

Well, I'm not too worried about that as I just use the Eternity docs and ignore whatever undefined sector/lines/whatever it gives me. And if the latest version of DeePsea still has this problem, I'll have to have a talk with the authors; they are very good about fixing things up for their users.

In fact, I've pushed for them to support Eternity since Eternity's first public release. It's good they've made the attempt, at least. Also, DeePsea is really extendable; I can use the upcoming Small script compiler just by adding it as a user-defined tool.

Gio