SoM

Stuff is still going on!

ravage said:

IT doesnt not work. :(

Works for me... Works for Opulent.

Speaking of Opulent...

Opulent said:

that's cool.

It works too. The 3d sides will stop the elevator if they are blocked by the player/another mobj.

Using the moving 3DMidTex feature for creating a simple elevator.... tsk tsk :) I've been using it to make Demons charge through wireframes, smashing stuff in the process, and for creating double-sided breakable windows. Can't wait for the new beta so I can actually use custom sounds and spawned sprites :)

Guess I'll have to post some sceenies when I get home :)

BTW Joel, if you'r reading this: I will email you shortly. Work and other stuffage didn't give me a breather all month.

Mordeth said:

Using the moving 3DMidTex feature for creating a simple elevator.... tsk tsk. I've been using it to make Demons charge through wireframes, smashing stuff in the process, and for creating double-sided breakable windows. Can't wait for the new beta so I can actually use custom sounds and spawned sprites :)

Don't tsk tsk me because my level skillz aren't as good as yours :P

Heh, the point is that the elevator is clipped correctely. This isn't a simple trick like using thin mobjs on the posts, if you block those 3d sides you will stop/reverse the elevator. It was more of a tech demo then a "OMG THIS IS THE BEST LEVEL EVER" level.

Mordeth said:

Guess I'll have to post some sceenies when I get home :)

Yes please :D

BTW Joel, if you'r reading this: I will email you shortly. Work and other stuffage didn't give me a breather all month.

I was beginning to think you'd suffered some horrible accident that had damaged the part of your brain that knew how to use e-mail.

Sweet leaf! Thats cool, but I'm wondering if its possible to do it with the posts there the whole time and the platform riding up them?

I'm guessing so by excluding them from the object thingy (whatever you did...I've never gone beyond vanilla editing) for the platform.

the_Danarchist said:

Sweet leaf! Thats cool, but I'm wondering if its possible to do it with the posts there the whole time and the platform riding up them?

I'm guessing so by excluding them from the object thingy (whatever you did...I've never gone beyond vanilla editing) for the platform.

Yes. All you'd have to do is setup a dummy elevator sector somewhere off site to link to your 3d sides and they would ride up and down the posts. The elevator you see actually has the 3d sides linked to one of the posts (actually, both the posts because the posts are the same sector)

SoM said:

Yes. All you'd have to do is setup a dummy elevator sector somewhere off site to link to your 3d sides and they would ride up and down the posts. The elevator you see actually has the 3d sides linked to one of the posts (actually, both the posts because the posts are the same sector)

Cool. I figured it was something like that.