Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GavinJCD

Doomworld after doom3 launch

Alright boys, it's me it's me, it's GAVINJCD!
Now listen up, I have a poll...here it is

I was wandering about doomworld and what the community thinks what will happen to it in terms of popularity after doom3 is released. I personally amen't sure, I'd say there is gonna be a few big sites devoted to it, such as planetdoom.com (no need to tell you who owns that domain). So what do you lot think...

How well do you think doomword will do in terms of visitage once doom3 is released...

<happy> So we'll have an endless supply of newbies to torture!!! </happy>

I can really imagine Arioch and Ling being nice to them... :) Scary idea.

Time to prepare the cauldron and shine up my silverware.

You were a newbie once, so stop being so narrow-minded!

What? UhhhHhh... Hahaha...

You were a newbie once, so stop being so narrow-minded!

I may have been a newbie once upon a time, but I rest secure in the knowledge that not one of you can prove it. :)

As long as we don't get -really- stupid newbies... who insult the original DOOM games. And if they do, I'm getting the rocket launcher out ^_^. Lookit, I made a newbie fly!

-Red, who doesn't dislike most newbies, just the ones who deserve it!

As long as we don't get -really- stupid newbies...

Oh, but we will!

who insult the original DOOM games.

Most of them wouldn't even know about the existance of DooMI and DooMII...

I just dread the coming of the dumb newbies.... *sighs* those who won't know about DOOM are likely to be a pain in the arse, then those who find out about it... *growls* are gonna insult classic DOOM most likely.... I can hear it now x_x. Ah well... at least there's time to prepare *shines up her rocket launcher*

I just dread the coming of the dumb newbies....

Don't worry, that's what I'm here for :)

Blah... simply posthelling stupid threads is boring. First, about fifty people should FLAME the original poster; then the thread goes to post hell, and everyone is satisfied :)

But we won't need to care about that after DoomIII goes out, because the number of newbies here will be virtually unlimited.

I believe when Doom 3 comes out there is going to be a surge of bandwagon jumpers coming to this site...those kind of idiots will not give the respect us veteran doomers damn well deserve...I know for a fact this will happen but lets hope we dont get the largest portion of bandwagoners...

lets hope we dont get the largest portion of bandwagoners...

Are you kidding? The new Doom is going to merge all the FPS communities out there into one. There isn't going to a single FPS fanatic from ANY FPS community who won't migrate into the new Doom community. FPS's are rather split up now in terms of fanbases, but wait until the new Doom unifies them all. They'll be flocking from all their various communities to the Doom sites. Have you seen any Quake3 forums? It's gonna be a nightmare.

planetdoom is probably gonna be owned and provided by gamespy

Duh. Of course it will, unless someone buys the domain before they can, wich i guess they already have, and refuse to sell it to them that is.

Of course Gamespy will! They buy PlanetAnything...... and if they can't get PlanetDOOM.... MoonDOOM? TerraDOOM?...

The newbie influx is going to be horrid... likely worse than the Gundam fiasco I witnessed. *Kicks Gundam W* if it hadn't been tailored domestically to the seven-year old boys, the entire Gundam fandom would've been so much happier. We shouldn't get seven year olds here, but likely some close to the mentality...

-Red, who hopes at least a few good newbies will come of this.....

Lut, CHANGE YOUR AVATAR!!!! What's that thing supposed to be, anyway?