Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xenoman

Favorite place in the history of Doom

Ok, this is just a little poll I guess, since there ain't THAT much to talk about in here, I let myself to ask you all this:

Which location did you find most interesting and most exciting?

Phobos?

Deimos?

Earth?

or...

Hell itself?

Please feel free to correct me if I have forgotten any location from Doom.

All of them.

Although Doom3 better not go back to Deimos and Phobos, there's gotta be new territory.

Maybe I'm biased, but I prefer Phobos. It just felt... so innocent and empty until you saw what was lurking in the shadows. I don't know... the Hell and Earth environments seemed too hopeless (depressing) to be as frightening, and since Deimos was floating above Hell...
Doom 3 (unless it is a remake) should not focus on the two moons unless it is using them to fill in the story. But that still leaves the base on Mars...

You forgot the greatest episode of DooM :

SETUP.EXE

and the famous Default.cfg

Phobos, definitely. And the fact that my computer is named Phobos has absolutely nothing to do with that.

But yeah, I liked Phobos because of the level styles used in it. There was none of the hellish idea behind the actual levels. Once you got to Deimos, things started to get warped in places. Don't get me wrong, from a playability standpoint, The Shores of Hell has to be my favorite, but from an architectural standpoint, I have to go with Phobos.

DC

Phobos because it was my first DooM experience. It was also the most realistic, id had a hard time creating a really Hell like place and the same goes for the city environment. But you did forget to mention the areas covered in Final DooM.