Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

The Wicked and the Damned

Nine screenshots of my newest map that's in the works.

The Wicked and the Damned will be the sixth map in my Wicked series, the main features of which are that the maps have the maximum architectural detail without a source port being required, and duplicative sectors are minimized or eliminated via sector "merging".

Tormentor667 said:

I'm not into the classic doom style that much.

You pretty much fail it then.

But, those screens look neat, if a bit washed out because of the use of JDoom, but that's not the map's fault. I don't like the midbar textures much tho, especially in this greyish environment.

<3 Rex

though I have to agree with espi on the use of the midbars, they seem weirdly out of place there

Looks very nice. The kind of map I like methinks.

The comments about the midbars are valid, and it would be easy enough to make a grey alternative, but IIRC the Wicked series contains very little, if anything, in the way of stuff added to the wad other than the level. The point of course being to do as much with Doom "as is" without relying on extra stuff or port support (although I'll be playing in Zdoom).

Several people said:

I don't like the midbar textures ....

Strangely, they didn't seem too out of place to me in the context of the map. However, I will consider using MIDSPACE (even though it is not a 72 unit high texture, which is really what I need).

Nigel, I'm hoping you'll volunteer to playtest the level. At that point you can decide if the MIDBAR texture is truly out of place, and I'll change it around.

ReX said:

Nigel, I'm hoping you'll volunteer to playtest the level.

Enjay takes one step forward. :-)

It looks sharp. I'm not seeing the problem with midbars.

Enjay said:

Enjay takes one step forward.

The map's all done, and it's in the proverbial mail.

The screenshots look alright, but I'm assuming they were taken at a time when there was a rather big lack of monsters in the level. I'm gonna wait until the map's out, the gameplay in your maps is always top notch.

GooberMan said:

I'm assuming they were taken at a time when there was a rather big lack of monsters in the level.[/B]

Grogglogobofink said:
[B]i just assumed that like most people taking screenshots of their maps Rex used -nomonsters

I took those pictures before I had populated the map, but the player will get to see those "scenes" just as they are in the screenshots. This map has both, er .... a lack of monsters and enough monsters to keep you happy. And as everyone knows, it's the monsters you don't see that are the most scary. You'll see what I mean when you play it.