Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

looking for good MD2 model sites, screenshots, etc.

I was wondering if there was a good site that I could view the MD2 models (screenshots possibly) before I install them. I was also wondering if there's different models to choose from, or if there's only 1 set. I haven't used MD2 models for over a year, and even then I installed them, I uninstalled them right away because the enemies were stuck in the ground. Hopefully this has been fixed. Help anyone?

If someone can point me to a huge collection of MD2 models I might make a section on my site that's a user friendly version of picking the md2 models.

where the fuck have you been?
just go on the doom3d web sight. damn i hate stupid fuckers.

I ALREADY HAVE THE FRIKKEN MODELS! I already was on Doom 3D. They only have one set of MD2 files, and a few screenshots. Big whoop. I want an "informative" site that has lots of pics of the models, and if there's more than one set, I want to be able to compare the different models and pick my faves.

So you should've read the post more carefully. And quit being an asshole. I just asked a question. By the way, you spelled site wrong. I hate stupid fuckers. You AAA.

This from the guy that had momento mori link on his site, :)

Let him that is without sin cast the 1st stones

:)

Doomcenter has a moderately good page with "portraits" of the models ("Am I hot or not" page I think).

Thanks a lot Shady! That's exactly what I was looking for! Nice to know that other people are willing to help around here.

One problem: Most of the models still look as shitty as they did before. At least the cacodemon, demon, lost soul and imp look a lot better than a year ago. The barons, zombies, and arachnotrons are still as terrible as ever.

One problem: Most of the models still look as shitty as they did before. At least the cacodemon, demon, lost soul and imp look a lot better than a year ago. The barons, zombies, and arachnotrons are still as terrible as ever.

have you ever seen the models for "Your Path of Destruction" doom tc for quake? now THOSE are fucking terrible. however, if the generations project didn't close, who knows what professional stuff could of been seen... their cyb kicked major ass.

hi,

somewhere on the net i found a package with some fixed/new md2s for example the shotguns didn't desynch anymore/a splatter animation for IMP/SS/Zombies was added (i'll post the URL as soon as possible)
alternative you could use the new version of jdoom, which has some very good slightly changed md2s, so some animations are more realistic.

i hope i could help

I know why the Cacodemon looks like a Beanie Baby! The person who made those models goes to that (#^@*^@^@% Free Hissy site! LOL!

50th post!

The cacodemon looked MUCH worse before. It just looked goofy. At least it looks close to the sprite now. I just wish someone would change the butt-ugly zombies and the cuddly-teddy-bear-like baron of hell. God that thing looks terrible.

Someone should make some MD2 models based on the Doom 64 enemies. THAT would be incredibly cool. Maybe when I have time again I might learn to do that... If I ever get free time again.

People should make those again...fuck slow computers, go for +2000 polys, I would love to see that.

Executor666: You dare insult Pong? If there was no Pong, there would be no Doom! That and Pong is damn fun! Stand up, Pong supporters!

Executor666: You dare insult Pong? If there was no Pong, there would be no Doom! That and Pong is damn fun! Stand up, Pong supporters!

/me hides in the sewers.

2k poly models... /me drools.

hey, you got some nice "fuck polycounts" modelling skills, zald. Go for it! :)
Btw, md2's don't have skeletal anims, right? Wouldn't the mem consumption be huge?

And a sourceport with bumpmapping, lightmaps and all that shit would be cool to :)