Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
X-DOOM

Maximum script of Wad Author

"Threating" is just not a good way to moderate.

That's not threatening.

Do it when it happens, not "IF" it may happen.

I didn't do anything.

And who cares if old threads "come back"?

You referring to this post in General Forum? Ling cares.

One has to be careful that one's own personal tastes don't become a dictatorship of sorts.

If that was the case, between the admins and mods, 95% of the General forums wouldn't exist.

Old, new, it's all the same. Now why did you do what you did? Bored? Trying to eliminate all arguments is sort of like watching paint dry.

Just a lame attempt at humor I guess, with hopes of avoiding a "you're a **** C*** f*** ***-headed ** *****" thread. It can be done, believe it or not.

Bored? You think I make 4700 posts on a board in a year because I'm occupied 24/7? Seriously :P

That's not threatening.

Come on. 'Else this thread is gonna turn up missing' is a ..? What do you want to call it .. advice:)

I didn't do anything

You're not understanding. I said nothing about you doing anything per se. IF means IF. It's a way to operate.

On the old threads .. yawn.

If that was the case, between the admins and mods, 95% of the General forums wouldn't exist.

Great .. keep it that way.

Bored?

See rhetorical.

That's not threatening.

Come on. 'Else this thread is gonna turn up missing' is a ..? What do you want to call it .. advice:)

Considering I don't moderate this forum, yes I would call it advice :P

Considering I don't moderate this forum, yes I would call it advice :P

HUH? Are you not the moderator?

You just posted in the front page that you "All I can do is edit or delete posts". Umm, seems if you can do that, that indeed it's back to threat not advice.

And you rip on me for not being able to figure out Deep.

Check the forum index. I'm moderator of the General Forum, and only the General Forum - the one that you'll see my name next to. General Forum moderatorship only includes General Forum and nothing else. Likewise, Zaldron moderates Doom3 and only Doom3, and AndrewB mods the Admin Forum and only the Admin Forum. We can't go to other forums and mod them. It's not authorized.

Through a bug I get universal thread-moving privileges, but that's useless here unless an entire topic sucks and needs to go to Post Hell.

And you rip on me for not being able to figure out Deep.

It's not exactly the same thing .. that is to "figure out" each forum... I have slightly more interesting things to do with my time:) Generally, when one moderates in a forum, one moderates in a forum .. period. It's not "class" limited.

Through a bug I get universal thread-moving privileges

Exploit that bug .. come'on where's your sense of adventure.

Through a bug I get universal thread-moving privileges

Exploit that bug .. come'on where's your sense of adventure.

You want me to get fired don't you :P

It's already been discussed anyhow. Apparently I'm the only one who can move threads. I have to do all the Post-Helling for Zaldron; he's not too thrilled about that ;)

I'm at the maximum numbers of characters in the Wad Author ACS scripting TextBox.
How can i change the old NotePad from him to the WordPad ?

Heh. Sorry about that limit. I figured somebody might hit it someday, but it wasn't worth the effort at the time to work around it. Don't you just love how Windows 9x is a "32-bit operating system" but has 16-bit limits everywhere? I'll look into replacing that edit control with something a bit more powerful.

There are several levels that FAIL to load in WA because of size issues. Lut's for one, NJ's TRAIN for another - basically any level that's developed to a robust size and dimension. That and that you can't really directly edit the new port flags - a significant problem (hex hacking is not exactly user friendly).

Hey, Jack, can you tell me from where I can get these levels? I'd like to see if they load now after all the changes I've made. Thanks!

Hey, Jack, can you tell me from where I can get these levels? I'd like to see if they load now after all the changes I've made. Thanks!

You have to get mine from me, since it's not released and I gave it to him to help with a crash issue because it turned out I used over 32K worth of segs. I'll give it to you if you want, although you probably have a way earlier version of it - it's the one I was complaining to you about probably over a year ago, where all the sector properties got messed up after editing in it, and we couldn't reproduce it so just gave up. I'll give you the latest version though, if you want. If you're gonna run it in-game, I have to include a fairly sizeable resource and engine to go along with it.

BTW, good to hear from you again, we were seriously getting worried here ;)

Phileosophos :

What's about the new version of Wad Author your working ?
It's about a lot of time we didn't have news about it !

I hope it will be release soon. I will buy it ! {/* i hope you will release the source code when we buy it :) */}