Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ligaa

Dwango5 Hall of Mirrors (fix?)

I'm sure everyone's played Dwango5 at some time or another. I gotta admit, a couple of the maps are decent DM levels. But a lot of maps have this little problem.. the Hall Of Mirrors.
I don't know if it's only my copy of the wad or what, but a lot of the maps have HOM in them, sometimes making it impossible to play.
Has anyone else had this problem? Has anybody fixed it? I tried fixing it myself once with WadAuthor, but got confused and gave up. Maybe I should give it another go..

Thanks for the help.

Okay, I went through with WadAuthor and fixed almost everything. What's still screwing up and causing the HOM effect is that some moron chopped up some sectors so parts of it are all over the map. They're so well integrated I'm not sure if I can fix them..

So, yeah, I still need some help with this.

if you did fix them the nodes would be different than anyone else's so you wouldn't be able to play it multiplayer correctly with anyone else. so.. i recommend you just give up =P

You probably didn't have the lastest version of doom2.wad which most likely is what is causing the problem of HOM

999cop said:

You probably didn't have the lastest version of doom2.wad which most likely is what is causing the problem of HOM

Okay, I went through with WadAuthor and fixed almost everything. What's still screwing up and causing the HOM effect is that some moron chopped up some sectors so parts of it are all over the map. They're so well integrated I'm not sure if I can fix them..

So, yeah, I still need some help with this.

BBG: What's your point with just quoting those? Are you presecuting of my comment or accusing of the fault of Wadauthor? Many people have downloaded and used dwango5 on both doom2.exe or ports such as Zdoom or Zdaemon, no one has ever complained about having problems of HOM or anything else similar to that. Dwango5 was technically fine already without making fixtures through Wadauthor.

999cop said:

BBG: What's your point with just quoting those? Are you presecuting of my comment or accusing of the fault of Wadauthor? Many people have downloaded and used dwango5 on both doom2.exe or ports such as Zdoom or Zdaemon, no one has ever complained about having problems of HOM or anything else similar to that. Dwango5 was technically fine already without making fixtures through Wadauthor.

Dude, read what you said then read what he said, if it doesn't make sense, get a better grade in English.

BBG said:

Dude, read what you said then read what he said, if it doesn't make sense, get a better grade in English.

Your point has yet been proven, dolt

His point is, how the heck can a wrong version of doom2.wad cause messed up sectors in dwango5.wad? Or do you know of some ultra-super-secret "Voodoo" version of doom2.wad, which casts black magic spells on pwads that completely screw them up, or something?

roofles

the only iwad specific thing that would mess up dwango5 would be using either the wrong iwad or if the older iwad was missing textures the new one contains, and I don't believe there were any texture additions/removals between doom2 iwad versions

amazing as it may sound, 999cop, he's probably not making this up as nobody ever plays past the first map of dwango5, so if there indeed were errors, it's quite possible nobody would ever see them

what port are you using? The split up sectors you mention is a completely valid thing to do (just check out 10sector.wad), it's probably something port specific or your dwango5.wad copy is corrupted, redownload from http://raider.webhop.org or similar dm wad archive.

Cyb said:

the only iwad specific thing that would mess up dwango5 would be using either the wrong iwad or if the older iwad was missing textures the new one contains, and I don't believe there were any texture additions/removals between doom2 iwad versions

amazing as it may sound, 999cop, he's probably not making this up as nobody ever plays past the first map of dwango5, so if there indeed were errors, it's quite possible nobody would ever see them

I have heard about people getting HOMs in game due to their outdated doom2.wad ON Zdaemon, therefore I thought that might be one of the possibilities causing the problem since he didn't specifically state what port he was using. BTW, if you are talking about nowadays on Zdaemon, true that there is hardly anyone willing to play past d5m1. However other dwango maps used to be played a lot on CSDoom and Lyfe used to host for more maps other than just d5m1, he's just gotten "lazy", BUT I didn't notice anything wrong with the maps at all.

copper: the hom due to an outdated wad only happens on original doom2 maps which was changed in the update, map01 most notably.

Erik said:

copper: the hom due to an outdated wad only happens on original doom2 maps which was changed in the update, map01 most notably.

Keep in mind that I only heard about these complaints from people who actually had the problem, I have never really experienced it myself. The thing is that I have heard of people getting HOMs on d5m1 too, but you'll never know if it's true...