Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

New texture wad released!

My latest texture wad, 'useful flats', is now available.

As the name suggests, "texture" wad is actually a bit misleading because it consists entirely of flats; around 50 of them in fact. They include flats to go with certain textures (e.g. BROWN1, PANx, STARx, TEKGRENx), rotated versions of existing flats, etc.

Enjoy! And remember, my next texture wad, 'recoloured textures', is only a month a way :)

Looks like good utility flats. I am looking forward to your next texture pack, I will consider using those for a project of mine.

I was thinking of doing a few like that, as well as some that could be useful for slopes. Maybe I'll update the wad some time.

left click, right click, save target as, open in new window - none of these work for me.

Flash Get (download manager) also cannot get it.

I'm on travel right now, but I'll be sure to grab the file when I get back.

It worked for me when I left-clicked... all except for the "recolored" pack. Hmm.

That's some nice stuff you have on the site! I never really checked it out before. I could really use some of the stuff in the silver pack, for instance (I ended up making a 64*64 silver thing on my own already, but it was no fun...). I've already used a few things from a various texture pack you mentioned in an editing topic once, which included some colored crates and lights.

Bah! it was Norton Internet Security sitting in the background that was screwing things up for me. I disabled it and got the file no bother.

Some useful flats. It's a pity id didn't include a few more flats that tie in better with the textures in the first place.

Haha, man I already did my own versions of at least half of these for Millennium.

Oh well, nice to have the rest.

Enjay said:

It's a pity id didn't include a few more flats that tie in better with the textures in the first place.

My theory behind why there are few flats that match the textures is that the extra contrast was needed back in the day. That's why you see stuff like brown floor tiles against gray walls much more often in Doom than you do in modern games. Same thing with walls getting rendered with a different light level depending on angle.

And I guess there are some flats/textures that didn't make it not because of being redundant to the texture set but because of not being used - for example the fourth direction of the flat computer console.

netnomad312 said:

It worked for me when I left-clicked... all except for the "recolored" pack. Hmm.

Heh, that's because it hasn't been released yet :) Not sure why I had it listed there. Anyway it's gone (for now).

I probably will have a new version of nb_flats up in a few days, with the stuff previously mentioned (offsetted flats, flats with slopes in mind) and a few other things.