Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

In-progress projects

Since there seem to be so many people starting up project lately, maybe it would be a good idea for everyone to list their current projects in one place (maybe even make this a sticky?).

Note: By current projects, I mean ones you're actually in charge of, rather than just helping out with.

Here's mine:

- Wasted 3 (1 level for Doom 2 w/ Boom)
- TR-10 (1 level for Doom 2 w/ Boom)
- Wrath (3 level hub for Doom 2 w/ ZDoom)
- Paradox (20 level Partial Conversion for Doom 2 w/ ZDoom)
- Skull Surge (mod for Doom 2 w/ Skulltag, not sure how many levels it'll be yet, but it'll mostly be things rarely if ever seen in Doom such as Domination, Assault, etc. Currently on hold)

I'm not actively looking for any help with any of these, although I wouldn't say no to any contributions for Paradox (there's actually five levels at least partially designed by other people already) or Skull Surge.

Captain Carnage in space. An above-5-SP-maps wad, including other goodies of maps.

XmasDoom2003 (still have the map from last year, and I'll be damned if I don't finally release it this year). ZDoom.

Some DM wad I want to make, probably Doom2.exe. Not started...

- Blake Stone TC (Legacy then possible ZDoom version)
- Legacy Tag (Should be finished soon)
- The Duel II (Legacy, ZDoom if I learn ACS)

Pacman DooM, though progress has stopped ever since Deepsea broke 2 days ago.

Oh and Metroid DooM if that hasn't died yet.

EDIT: WHEE, Deepsea is fixed!

I look forward to Wasted 3. Just played Wasted 2 again the other day. :)

- Vilecore 2.0: 32 level DooM II megawad. I'm working on this every day and its a major upgrade from the original version. I have tons of architectural work to do on it yet and it will contain lots of new custom textures and flats. There will be some sprite changes, mostly new torches.. Current count is 383 custom textures and 214 flats. Plan on finishing it in the next 3 months or so... I hope. heh.

Screenshot

Screenshot

- Shadowcore: A nine level episode for Heretic using the Legacy port. Will contain lots of 3D floors, custom textures and some Fraggle Script. E2M1 is finished and E2M2 and E2M3 are almost complete.

Screenshot E2M3

Screenshot E2M1

- SciComp Lab: Working title for a Legacy map I started a few weeks ago. Plan on taking the 3D floor usage to the max in this one. Its on hol though until I get Vile done.

- Lavaplant: A NDCP map that's about 80% finished.

Screenshot

- Crypted: A new Legacy map I started just before SciComp. It's going to be a big crypt with lots of dark areas and gothic texturing. If only I could get some sector based fog effects...

"OMG NEW DOOM 1 MEGAWAD FOR DOOM'S 10TH BIRTHDAY" Doom2.exe :P
Hell rev. 2 map27 (gonna be hard... :)) Doom2.exe

xtreme (current name on the sequel to scythe) - no help needed.
europa 4, 1 boom map (possibly eternity) - no help needed.

Here's mine:

ICD-LIZARD (Weapons mod for EDGE)

Hmm... that's it... :/ All I gotta do is get the beta released, but my other computer's internet is still fucked up! >:(

Carnage Galore 3. It was put on hold for a few weeks while I worked on a Heretic map (I knew I should have waited until after Community Chest was reviewed to release it), but now I'm working on it again.

okay

NullSpace 2 (20%complete, ZDoom, 1 level)
Ogre Lab (95%complete, vanilla 1 level)
Carnage Encore (30%ish, ZDoom, 5 levels)
DSSX (25%, ZDoom)
Haxored (80%, ZDoom 1 level)

and my current level which is awaiting the graphics for one weapon, then it's done!

1. Phobos Revisited -- 9 levels to replace all Episode 1 levels. Uses only DooM resources, and is for vanilla DooM.
    2. Phobos Revisited - for ZDooM -- 9 level hub for ZDooM, based on the vanilla DooM levels. Obviously, this project will use ZDooM features. It will also have new gameplay and some new graphics.

"Blind Alley" The series and the carnage continues ;)

Have been giving some thought into doing a mockery type map and also something in ports only area, since most of my work is for vanilla.

• ZooM (racing mod sans cars): finished a few graphics for it
  • Doom: Enigma (community megawad): finished 1 map for it
  • unnamed Doom 1 episode: finished 1 map
  • Mock 2: did 1 1/2 maps for it
  • another project with a few people

vrack3 sounds good can't wait,

this is a private project that im doing

well im doing a wad compilation, (i know that sounds totally lame) but the story behind it was that i always had a bunch of favorite wads from the doom wad cds and i was always tired of typing doom -file 1.wad 2.wad 3.wad 4.wad 5.wad etc

so what i did was i used wintex to put all my favorites on different levels so i can play them as if im playing all 4 episodes and go into doom 2 so i did that and i merged all the levels together and thats the start

since im tired of the music in doom and doom 2 so i used some final fantasy music, some 007 music, some star wars i think i put some star wars music in there some other music and there i went off

i just have to worry about the other things

but i did make a dehacked file which makes the enemies harder heehehe

even though it is preety much used in plain vanilla doom i dont recommend it because i made a sword and it screws up the sound in it

i may try to enhance the levels by using legacys fog effects if appropriate in every level

Grogglogobofink said:

• ZooM (racing mod sans cars): finished a few graphics for it
  • Doom: Enigma (community megawad): finished 1 map for it
  • unnamed Doom 1 episode: finished 1 map
  • Mock 2: did 1 1/2 maps for it
  • another project with a few people

That definitely confirms the identity...

Spear of destiny: Special edition

Sort of a re-telling of Spear of destiny the same way RtCW was a retelling of wolf 3d, but my project will be closer the orignal.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

That definitely confirms the identity...

yeah well it was never really a secret identity, cyb found out about it a month ago and posted a thread about it in the staff forums a long time ago. not to mention, 'grogglogobofink' was what i named my PQ character 4 months ago so i would have assumed most people playing that would have known by now.

oh, and add this to my projects list:

• MooD (Doom shareware in reverse): 99% complete, just a few weapon alignments to fix and a text file to write

For me...

- DOM episode 1, I've got 5 of the 9 levels done and another one started, but I've been real lazy about working on it.

- Another episode I just started which will be just a random little thing for the first 11 maps of Doom. It'll look nice, I hope.

heh, let's see

massm2 - nearly done, give me another week or two :P (part of the last map + sounds + sprite stuff to finish)

also I'm programming a lump util, mainly because I hate wintex (and refuse to use anything else because I'm a bastard hehe) but right now all it can do is load up a wad and decipher what each lump is and then extract it in raw format, and it can extract graphics to bmp, but that's it. I only work on it when I'm outta ideas for massm2 atm

Grogglogobofink said:

• MooD (Doom shareware in reverse): 99% complete, just a few weapon alignments to fix and a text file to write

haha, have you actually flipped the maps upsidedown as well (so the player walks on the ceiling) or are they just rotated 90 degrees or something?

Millennium, what else.

Oh yeah, I have 3 old megawads for Doom (27 maps) Doom2 (32 maps) and Heretic (27 maps) that I did most of back in '95-'97. I'll finish them one of these days. They're solo, but I may consider letting on a few people just for the sake of getting them done soon.