Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

In-progress projects

Metroid TC; it's not really dead, just moving at a slower-than-usual pace.

Cyb said:

massm2 - nearly done, give me another week or two :P (part of the last map + sounds + sprite stuff to finish)

Yay!

haha, have you actually flipped the maps upsidedown as well (so the player walks on the ceiling) or are they just rotated 90 degrees or something?

Isnt there a util that does that? Or am I thinking of another fps?

That should be our slogan.

Im working on a few untitled projects of my own. They'll most likely never get finished.

Assmaster said:

I can think of one map that uses that theme: Map05 of Icarus, Flipside.

Cyb said:

haha, have you actually flipped the maps upsidedown as well (so the player walks on the ceiling) or are they just rotated 90 degrees or something?

heh, nah, reversed, not inversed, meaning uh, anytime you'd normally go left, you have to go right instead. and the palette and all sounds, musics, textures, sprites, pickup messages, etc. are backwards as well. playing it for five minutes gives me a headache =P

I'm still plugging away at GoldenEye Doom2. Adding in a few more levels as well as some James Bond movie levels.
I'm also going to improve the sprite graphics in my game dramatically with a new custom built 3dmodel program I made.
Currently I'm working on a mine/mountain map for the NewDoom Community Wad Project. I just finished a quick racing map for the Zoom project as well.

Lüt said:

Millennium, what else.

yay!

I'm working on my 32 level megawad for Doom2, and a small 9 level zdoom episode for Doom1, replacing Shores of Hell. Keeping things small until the freakin Doom2 project is done, since its been years in the making.

Use3D said:

I'm working on my 32 level megawad for Doom2.

Cool so am I!

look at my SIG!

* ZooM (maps, scripts, graphics, everything else)
* Mock2 (did two or three maps and some deh work)
* D:E (did a map, and I complain when people don't do theirs)
* A secret project! =P
* I sometimes help out with SkullTag from time to time
* Grind (believe it or not I'm still working on this episode)

Some shots from the third Grind level:

Aleaver said:

Cool so am I!

Oh I know, I also know it's gonna be sweet too.

Ultimate hell
-OMG teh deamons have invaded phobos and earth! shtop them! XD, except this time theres loads of different types of demons, and the levels look like what thier name is (Dont read that as 'im making brilliant levels that are better than IDs' though, they wont be great, just good)

Bughunt 2
-OMG you went back in time and got shrunk down to tiny size to do reasearch on ants in the past, except the ants killed everyone in your base and you have to get back across the garden to the house to get re-enlarged (Its Honey i shrunk the kids crossed with Starship troopers XD)

Insanity please doom
-OMG shinra have taken over the world and its up to you, the 18 year old half-esper with the green hair to stop them, its a wierd final fantasy crossover thing for legacy, and hasnt been worked on since 2001 XD

I may enhance my wad compilation so it can be used in edge just because most newer tcs are using edge as a trend because my compilation is only useful in legacy just because i can have more enemies than the standard 15 and more weapons

if it is possible to but...

Assmaster said:

Yay!

if you mean flip maps on an axis there are quite a few utils that can do that, warm, wadauthor, probably deepsea off the top of my head

as far as flipping a map upsidedown, I haven't encountered any utils that do such a thing, though I have done it myself for shits and giggles to map01 and it was a fairly simple equation (though I have forgotten it), so I imagine writing a util to do so wouldn't be amazingly hard, it's just a matter of adjusting the floor/ceiling heights, and then swapping the flats and upper/lower textures. perhaps we could coerce fredrik into coding it into omgifol :P

Cyb said:

if you mean flip maps on an axis there are quite a few utils that can do that, warm, wadauthor, probably deepsea off the top of my head

as far as flipping a map upsidedown, I haven't encountered any utils that do such a thing, though I have done it myself for shits and giggles to map01 and it was a fairly simple equation (though I have forgotten it), so I imagine writing a util to do so wouldn't be amazingly hard, it's just a matter of adjusting the floor/ceiling heights, and then swapping the flats and upper/lower textures. perhaps we could coerce fredrik into coding it into omgifol :P

Forget flipping upside down (that's fairly easy), I'd love to see an editor that can flip maps back to front. (so creating mirror rooms is a lot easier than doing it manually)

Cyb said:

yeah, but mine doesn't rotate, it flips it horizontally. afaik, neither deepsea nor WA can do this, maybe warm can, the only thing i know about it is that it's a node builder. i actually used a great little utility called MOOD
to accomplish this for my project of the same name (actually i may call it MooDDooM instead, as there's already a mood.wad in the archives).

Grogglogobofink said:

i actually used a great little utility called MOOD
to accomplish this for my project of the same name

Yeah, thats what I was talking about.

Hm, maybe we should squish some of these mods together, so there aren't so many? I don't know how true to the original ideas the mods would be, though. Or maybe look for a mod in progress before just starting one up. Just some ideas to keep the mod:mapper ratio at a more reasonable level.

I've been planning on a mod for Legacy called CTF Legacy that will be a modified version of the legacy source which features Capture The Flag support.

My second project will be the 5th Dsv megawad, this time supporting full 32 deathmatch levels that will take full advantage of the Boom features

and then there's random sp maps that I will make now and then...

Deathman said:

I've been planning on a mod for Legacy called CTF Legacy that will be a modified version of the legacy source which features Capture The Flag support.

A Legacy version of SkullTag? Interesting.

A Legacy version of SkullTag? Interesting.

I wish. :-p Our bots will likely never be as cool as Carns. But that's okay, we already have a Skulltag, we don't need another. Legacy CTF on the other hadn would be extremely cool. Let me know how things are going Kaiser, I already have a bunch of stuff done for my stalled Legacy CTF project that you could use ( flags, HUD gfx, sounds... ).

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Forget flipping upside down (that's fairly easy), I'd love to see an editor that can flip maps back to front. (so creating mirror rooms is a lot easier than doing it manually)

back to front? you mean flipping it on the x axis? I think warm can do that

you make zdoom maps anyways, just use the mirror line ;)

Heh, either mock2 and ZDoom have lots of people in charge of them, or certain people ignored/forgot the part of the original post which said 'Note: By current projects, I mean ones you're actually in charge of, rather than just helping out with.' :)

Holy Avenger said:

Hm, maybe we should squish some of these mods together, so there aren't so many?

Paradox is incorporating maps from the abandoned Twice Risen project :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, either mock2 and ZDoom have lots of people in charge of them, or certain people ignored/forgot the part of the original post which said 'Note: By current projects, I mean ones you're actually in charge of, rather than just helping out with.' :)

I'm in charge of the map I made. Yeah.

NiGHTMARE said:

well then scratch mock2 off my list. everything else on there i'm either leading or co-leading.

Grogglogobofink said:

heh, nah, reversed, not inversed, meaning uh, anytime you'd normally go left, you have to go right instead. and the palette and all sounds, musics, textures, sprites, pickup messages, etc. are backwards as well. playing it for five minutes gives me a headache =P

wait. you reversed the midis?

I'm supposed to be working on my Robotech TC, but every time I sit down to start doing stuff I get ideas for ESL and start doing stuff with that instead... :(

Job said:

My exams has helped to slow the pace. Though working on other projects as listed below doesn't help. *sigh*

. Mangadoom (currently going through a mid clean-up phrase)
. Leviathon doom (a proper original PC, not a G_DOOM patch. Done sprites, needs levels that i'm doing. Currently looking for a better name)
. Tukepak (a big skin wad which i hope to use with bots for Skulltag. Looks promising for everyone else :D)

Just about it other than my comic stuff (doom related and not doom related).